Lekkie lock nut BBSHD BBS01 BBS02 M33

tomjasz

Region
USA
City
Minnesnowta
Lekkie ONENUT is a full CNC machined motor lock nut with a built in locking function that replaces both stock motor locking nuts.

58FBCC86-C0EB-4E37-A155-370F9E1958EB.jpeg

One nut to rule them all!

We are excited to introduce a clever little product that will make installations easier and add extra quality and bling to your bike.
The Onenut is born out of the frustration of having to find a non existent tool to tighten the main bottom bracket nut when installing the BBS kits. Also, when you are fitting to a 73mm bottom bracket, the Bafang cover can not be fitted.
The Lekkie Onenut is a single fastener that can be tightened with a standard Shimano bottom bracket tool, or the Lekkie Sixteen-44 tool. Once tightened the One nut has a locking feature, by tightening 2 grub screws the nut locks to the bottom bracket thread, and can not shake loose or rotate. For customer installations this is a must add on. Cheaper than buying a specific tool for the Bafang nut and completes the look. Available in Red, Black, Silver and Slick.
Why have two nuts when you only need Onenut?

Designed in New Zealand in true Lekkie style to be the premium choice!

My BBS02 has held for 6 years with the bafang fasteners and Luna wrench. No need to spend $28 plus shipping for a pretty nut,

My BBS02 has held for 6 years with the bafang fasteners and Luna wrench. No need to spend $28 plus shipping for a pretty nut,
Uh-huh. Let me just say that in 7 years we had scores of complaints with BBS02 750W and BBSHD 1000W motors dropping. It's a part that addresses a market demand. Like the Stabilizer Bar. The bar I find to be ugly. I use two primary rings rather than the "pretty" secondary and primary. I've NEVER personally had a dropped motor with ANY BBSxx series motors, and I've run them all from 250W BBS01 through BBSHD. A and B versions. Some lucky fellas got great deals on used motors.

We sold thousands of dollars of "pretty" bling rings from Lekkie and Luna sold many more of their "pretty" Bling Rings. Don't be afraid to spend your First Communion money...🤣

BTW check out the cost of the OEM rings shipped. eBike essentials $22. California eBike $21.67. OR wait for GBK $17 or ALiexpress and wait maybe a month...

Best deal, Amazon 4 primary for $14 and wait until August 19th.

Thanks for the info tomjasz

I might get one of these in the future although my primary and pretty secondary have held up fine since using loctite 242 on the primary. Takes forever to get off though since the loctite keeps the primary from ever really getting loose enough to loosen without the luna wrench (which had to be modded/filed to work).

I personally use the stabilizer bar (suspension version) and never really see it. I could always paint it black to match the bike

I personally use the stabilizer bar (suspension version) and never really see it. I could always paint it black to match the bike
Yeah. I thought of doing that but as I wrote I never have had a drop. I had those stupidly over priced Bafang sockets and actually never needed them. Loctite green penetrating have served me well. That said I like Lekkie products and I pay dealer prices so WTF. I’ll do my dirt nap broke.

So? don’t! Sheesh, it sure seems an odd thing to get contentious about...

I have a new Bare 36V 500W motor and EM3ev battery that was gifted to me when I resigned from my support role. It’s not a need but for some it’s an interesting alternative. Add an excellent maker warranty and off I go. I actually have an 6 year old LEKKIE 42T I never used. But will now with the bare motor I will. I’m thinking there’s a couple OEM chainrings in my home shop but I think they’re 48T or 52T. I have a shunt for a CA3 and saw temps and watts go up and learned that the 42T ran in the best range for BBS01 series motors. All my Luna bling rings were sold off in favor of the standard steel BBSHD 46T. Not long after all three BBSHDs and repair parts were sold to a fellow in WI. I’m rather fond of the 36V BBS01B. Which really makes a stabilizer and Onenut redundant. But it’s “pretty”.

Last edited:
So? don’t! Sheesh, it sure seems an odd thing to get contentious about...

I have a new Bare 36V 500W motor and EM3ev battery that was gifted to me when I resigned from my support role. It’s not a need but for some it’s an interesting alternative. Add an excellent maker warranty and off I go. I actually have an 6 year old LEKKIE 42T I never used. But will now with the bare motor I will. I’m thinking there’s a couple OEM chainrings in my home shop but I think they’re 48T or 52T. I have a shunt for a CA3 and saw temps and watts go up and learned that the 42T ran in the best range for BBS01 series motors. All my Luna bling rings were sold off in favor of the standard steel BBSHD 46T. Not long after all three BBSHDs and repair parts were sold to a fellow in WI. I’m rather fond of the 36V BBS01B. Which really makes a stabilizer and Onenut redundant. But it’s “pretty”.

I totally get it... I'm often complimented on my nuts.. though pretty isn't the adjective used.🙃

It's probably becomes more of a necessity with the BBSHD and an aggressive and/or abusive rider.

I totally get it... I'm often complimented on my nuts.. though pretty isn't the adjective used.🙃

It's probably becomes more of a necessity with the BBSHD and an aggressive and/or abusive rider.
More a problem with instant one build experts that read to many one build experts...

I use a Hozan lock ring tool and a rubber mallet with either green (penetrating Loctite) or blue Loctite.

Like grumpy, I've never had a drop. That said the hottest selling item I supported was the stabilizer designed and left in the public domain by Doug Snyder founder of California eBike. Copied and claimed as typical by Luna(tic)

1657488932949.png

1657489184681.png

Bought a OneNut from California Ebike, my Breezer Downtown has a 73mm bottom bracket so previously I could only use the one lock nut and it constantly kept coming undone. The part came in the mail today so I fitted it, now to see if it does the job of not unscrewing.
2B059AF6-05A2-47D2-A521-B4FCA026C021.jpeg

Back