Haibike PW-ST not working.

Artur

Region
United Kingdom
Hi everyone. I am new to this forum . Few day ago I have bought Haibike Hardnine 7 with 310 miles on the clock. Condition unfortunately not working. Display A powers on but part shows milage and range is flashing. No pedal support , walk assist works but periodically. Tests in Service menu after long press power button doesn't shows any errors. I have checked visually all connections. All looks OK. Display shows only odometer, range is 0 on all kinds of support. Any ideas? Thanks for any help. Arthur

Small update. Just back from workshop. Bike had previously fitted speed box and they think that is a cause of problems. After connecting to haibike software shows that everything with bike is ok, no errors. Any ideas. Help please...

Did the workshop do a firmware update? Hope you got it cheap as you may have to make a pretty big investment to get it going.

I am going to collect bike tomorrow, will ask a question. Wasn't that cheap. Because bike has only 310 miles on the clock I was hoping for easy fix. But unfortunately doesn't look that way.

You would have to research that speed chip to see if it is compatible with the Yamaha ST drive system. And of course, if it is not, then you will have to run without it until further research into speed chips that will work on that drive. It seems a few speed chips do not work with the newer Yamaha ebikes (not Haibike, powered by Yamaha, rather, actual Yamaha ebikes) and the same may apply to the newer Yamaha powered H-Bikes.

It seems a few speed chips do not work with the newer Yamaha ebikes (not Haibike, powered by Yamaha, rather, actual Yamaha ebikes) and the same may apply to the newer Yamaha powered H-Bikes.
This is correct. The Speedbox units are not compatible with Yamaha branded bikes because their unique speed sensor on the rear hub, instead of the typical spoke magnet with chain stay sensor. This would be for models like the Urban Rush, Civante, etc...

Small update. Workshop ordered speed sensor, but still waiting for it. My friend has bought similar hibike, but with PW-SE motor in it. I have fitted my motor in to his bike. Same symptoms no range, speed and flashing display, no error codes. Only realised that actually bike works but in something like limp mode. Gives pedal support but only to about 4 miles per hour. Any ideas? Thanks

Hi, Please can you post the outcome of your repair , I have the haibike hard seven 6 , seem to have exactly same problem . My bike is new , I did the speed sensor hack just days after I bought it ,it happened after that . Don't know if its coincidence or what . Any update would be appreciated . Thanks

Hello ,did you solved the problem ?i have the same problem on my Haibike 2021 with pw st engine
Same symptoms no range, speed and flashing display, no error codes

I had same problem , the dealer had to replace complete motor . Diagnosis from haibike , motor did not recognise the battery

Hi, Please can you post the outcome of your repair , I have the haibike hard seven 6 , seem to have exactly same problem . My bike is new , I did the speed sensor hack just days after I bought it ,it happened after that . Don't know if its coincidence or what . Any update would be appreciated . Thanksi did you get this fixed?

Hello ,did you solved the problem ?i have the same problem on my Haibike 2021 with pw st engine
Same symptoms no range, speed and flashing display, no error codes
Hi did you get this fixed?

Hi, Please can you post the outcome of your repair , I have the haibike hard seven 6 , seem to have exactly same problem . My bike is new , I did the speed sensor hack just days after I bought it ,it happened after that . Don't know if its coincidence or what . Any update would be appreciated . Thanks
Hi did you get this fixed?

Sheepish confession, I forgot to start with the simplest explanation again. I got back from a a multiday camping and biking trip and on the way home drove through hard rain with my bike on hitch mounted rack. Yesterday I went out to ride and the display flashed on and off and drive did nor work. "Oh boy, maybe the water got into it. How much does a new controller and display cost? I don't want to buy a bunch of parts now"

Looked in troubleshooting section of manual and did not see anything that helped, went on forum, called bike shop, looked for youtube videos.
Finally looked at a display and controller 101 video on youtube, light bulb came on "oh yes, there is a little 2032 battery in the display. Popped it off and stuck in a new one and everything was back to normal, went for a ride.
A reminder, again, to start with the simplest solution.

Back