Alternative Display and Controller for NCM (DAS-KIT)

AbbyMoffli

Wanting to increase the PAS Max speed on my NCM bike I be quite satisfied with around 30-35kmh it currently 25kmh
The Das-Kit system appears to be complete locked down so I'm considering if Sourcing a alternate KT display and controller that would plug and play with the current hub motor
-There is a Das-Kit Display that allows for adjustment but its quite expensive

Would this be a possibility ? Anyone else done this on a Das-Kit equipped bike?

Wanting to increase the PAS Max speed on my NCM bike I be quite satisfied with around 30-35kmh it currently 25kmh
The Das-Kit system appears to be complete locked down so I'm considering if Sourcing a alternate KT display and controller that would plug and play with the current hub motor

I've been looking into this issue, no confirmation but it appears the Das-Kit motor is a rebranded MXUS motor, so theoretically one of their controllers might be unrestricted. I'm not in a financial position to experiment, so it's a pipedream at present.

1. Are you still searching and are you in Europe.
2. If so pm me.

Did you end up doing this if so what one did you get and did it have any bad effects on the bike

4 months since your original interest, where have you been I replied to your pm sent today before again reading this thread!!!!:)

Does anyone know if the dask-kit controller its SINEWAVE VS SQUAREWAVE?

Thank you @StabbedYa. I asked that because the controller has a little lag to pedal assist and throttle. I have the das-kit CT5-I5 controller.

I did this conversion last winter. One of the main reasons was to get rid of that lag. Ended up working out pretty well. I was able to get the KT controller and box for it that fit it pretty snug and mounted it by where the old controller went so almost all of the new wiring was hidden. Worthwhile project, imo. Because the controller is a bit bigger, cosmetically it's not as slick as the original controller, but it's not far off. Oh, original motor worked fine with it, although the only issue I had was the speed wont go above 24mph, despite the settings in the controller.

I did this conversion last winter. One of the main reasons was to get rid of that lag. Ended up working out pretty well. I was able to get the KT controller and box for it that fit it pretty snug and mounted it by where the old controller went so almost all of the new wiring was hidden. Worthwhile project, imo. Because the controller is a bit bigger, cosmetically it's not as slick as the original controller, but it's not far off. Oh, original motor worked fine with it, although the only issue I had was the speed wont go above 24mph, despite the settings in the controller.
Which KT Controller did you use? Do you have a link?

4 months since your original interest, where have you been I replied to your pm sent today before again reading this thread!!!!:)
Jokshot, I'm in Spain and have a Moscow plus and am disappointed In it. The lag of start up power in hilly country is very dangerous. I know one can get a display from Australia which gets rid of the lag and gives you 30 km.
Could you pm me with your remedy if you don't mind.
Tony

Jokshot, I'm in Spain and have a Moscow plus and am disappointed In it. The lag of start up power in hilly country is very dangerous. I know one can get a display from Australia which gets rid of the lag and gives you 30 km.
Could you pm me with your remedy if you don't mind.
Tony
Sorry, just read the whole thread and seen you links.

These are the main parts I used:

the 155x80x45 box here:

The controller here with the 1-4 cable (cant buy from this link anymore, but its the one I used)

And the KT LCD 8H display.

FYI via the controller options, I derated the controller to basically max at 18 or 19A. Something like that.

Can you tell me if that KT Controller was plug and play?
Did the Julet connector that goes from the controller to the motor plug in and work?

I'm worried that Das-Kit changed the connector or the pin configuration of the connector.

This is what my Julet cable connector from my controller to my motor looks like on my Das-Kit powered, ET.CYCLE T1000,..

20221208_164528.jpg

Yeah just plugged it in and worked fine. The only issue I've run into with the conversion is I can't get it to go over about 24 or 25mph, but that's been good enough for me so I haven't really looked into it much. There's a few settings that need to be set to tell the controller some attributes of the motor. I can get those for you tomorrow if you'd like. The battery, throttle and brake cutoffs will require soldering on new connectors. Easy stuff to solder, but just an FYI.

Yeah just plugged it in and worked fine. The only issue I've run into with the conversion is I can't get it to go over about 24 or 25mph, but that's been good enough for me so I haven't really looked into it much. There's a few settings that need to be set to tell the controller some attributes of the motor. I can get those for you tomorrow if you'd like. The battery, throttle and brake cutoffs will require soldering on new connectors. Easy stuff to solder, but just an FYI.

Thanks jk

I found this 22 amp controller on ebay that has better pictures than AliExpress.

Screenshot_20230103-204749_eBay.jpgScreenshot_20230103-211354_eBay.jpg

It looks like it just plugs right in to all the connectors, except the PAS sensor.
The PAS sensor wire on my bike goes directly into the controller with no connector.

It looks like the controller to display connector should plug right in to my display? But I don't know if my display will like being plugged into a KT Controller (I doubt it).
I might be able to use it as a dummy display along with a new KT display to adjust the settings?

Do you have a KT Display for your KT controller as well?
Are all the adjustments done using the display?
Can you adjust the maximum power for each PAS mode speed, and does it have cruise control?

I think that all that stuff is standard on a KT controller and display?

I found this KT display on the AliExpress link you posted.
I like it because it has a Watt meter.

Screenshot_20230103-202117_DuckDuckGo.jpg

Yeah just plugged it in and worked fine. The only issue I've run into with the conversion is I can't get it to go over about 24 or 25mph, but that's been good enough for me so I haven't really looked into it much.

Yeah, that's faster than I want to go anyway.
I'm hoping to have more control over the power.

There's a few settings that need to be set to tell the controller some attributes of the motor. I can get those for you tomorrow if you'd like.

Thanks.
I have no experience with the KT Controller or Display, so I don't know what I might be in for ?
I haven't ordered anything yet.
I want to make sure that I buy the right stuff.

The motor on my T1000 is actually supposed to be G20 or G26 motor that is actually a 750w motor with 1000W peak.
It is turned down to 500w with a 750w peak by using an 18 amp max controller to be sold in Canada.

The battery, throttle and brake cutoffs will require soldering on new connectors. Easy stuff to solder, but just an FYI.

I might be able to cannibalize my original display to hook up the wires going into it to my KT display, brake switches and throttle?

Last edited:
Yeah, the wires coming out of that controller look like what I have. They could have switched it up on your bike, but for the Moscow the brake connectors were a bit different. The throttle connector is the same, but male and females are reversed from the KT (and a lot of other controllers). I think the female side was on the display and the male side was on the controller for the Moscow.

The Das Kit display won't work with the controller. I think it also has one fewer or more pins, if I recall correctly. I bought the KT LCD8H. It's kind of nice because it is relatively easy to play with the settings, and it is in color. All the settings are on the display. Individual PAS levels are not configurable. It has cruise control, but I don't find it super useful because if you start pedaling, it seems to cancel it.

Here's the manual with the details on the settings:

Awesome Thanks !!

Yeah, the wires coming out of that controller look like what I have. They could have switched it up on your bike, but for the Moscow the brake connectors were a bit different.

Yes, my bike too.
My brake switches are some weird Julet 2 pin connectors and the KT needs a 3 pin HAL sensor connector for the brakes switches.

20230105_123659.jpg
20230105_123738.jpg

The throttle connector is the same, but male and females are reversed from the KT (and a lot of other controllers). I think the female side was on the display and the male side was on the controller for the Moscow.

Yes, I installed a twist throttle and had to solder on a connector for it because the connector was reversed.

The Das Kit display won't work with the controller. I think it also has one fewer or more pins, if I recall correctly. I bought the KT LCD8H. It's kind of nice because it is relatively easy to play with the settings, and it is in color. All the settings are on the display. Individual PAS levels are not configurable.

Hmmm,..

I wonder if a different display is configured differently?

I had the understanding that I could adjust the maximum power of each PAS level and set my PAS1 to say, 100 Watts so the throttle isn't so damn twitchy?

Perhaps a different display allows this?

It has cruise control, but I don't find it super useful because if you start pedaling, it seems to cancel it.

That would still work for me.
I'm not too interested in pedaling. lol

So it looks like I need to pick the right display and the controller doesn't have too much to do with the settings?

Perhaps I can try to find the different manuals for the different displays to see how they differ?

I want to use the KT Display/Controller to get my throttle to operate more like a motorcycle throttle, then lock in a cruise control speed and ride with no hands and without pedaling. lol

I don't need to go fast, I would prefer a longer range and to not over heat my battery, controller, or motor.

Last edited:
Back