Nireeka Prime Review

FlatSix911

Region
USA
City
Silicon Valley
A Carbon frame mid-drive EBike that is well priced with many custom options to choose from. ;)

Nireeka made a big splash on the E-Bike scene with the launch of the Nireeka Prime. This carbon fiber, high powered, head turner is a parade on two wheels and a tank on the trails. Surprisingly, the bike is very customizable, giving you your option of components, electronics, and even color. The Nireeka website is kind of like a car website, with a building tool for all the options and components you’d like on the bike.

The particular bike is this review is pearlized red in color, rocking the upgraded Bafang Ultra 1000+W motor, the larger 840Wh battery, color display, carbon fiber fork, Shimano XT group set, big 203mm disc brakes, regular saddle, and tossed in a throttle, kickstand, smart taillight and fenders in too. This kind of customization is quite rare in the electric bike industry.

This bike really shines when the sun shines. A bright colorful bike that infects people with smiles. In 2020, we need more of that. Pricing starts at $2,499, before any upgrades or discounts.
And for Electrek readers, we’ve got a coupon code where you can save on the purchase of your own Nireeka bike. (The promo code is “electrek” for a savings of $250 USD)

• Motor: Bafang 1000w mid drive
  • Battery: 48v 17.5ah (840wh)
  • Tires: 26×4 Kenda Gigas
  • Brakes: Shimano Deore Quad Piston Hydraulic 203mm Discs
  • Gearing: Shimano Deore XT 52-11 Tooth
  • Frame: Carbon Fiber
  • Weight: 62lbs (28.1kg)
  • Extras: Optional fenders, smart tail-light, kickstand, front fork, 11 frame color choices, color display, carbon fiber accents, comfort saddle, throttle

I think a lot of younger buyers will be attracted to the angular styling and high-end specs... YMMV ;)

I'm not sure what the fascination is for 4" tires on ebikes. They are heavy, more rotational mass, and make the bikes look gigantic. Why not just put some more appropriate MTB tires on and get an even lighter, better handling bike?

I think the bike looks beautiful. Absolutely fantastic. I want one!

I wish the battery was bigger or there was area to mount a second battery somewhere.

Wait times seems to be rather long for this. Some users claimed to have ordered in March and still waiting for delivery. Not sure if that's par for those that order from China Direct.

This bike is gorgeous and the price is not bad either...very tempting.

The cantilevered seat post mount would make me nervous. Not sure of the benefits other than looks and maybe a little compliance/flex. It would really suck if that joint cracked....

Not wholly a new idea:

Screen Shot 2020-10-27 at 12.17.35 AM.png

A Carbon frame mid-drive EBike that is well priced with many custom options to choose from. ;)

Nireeka made a big splash on the E-Bike scene with the launch of the Nireeka Prime. This carbon fiber, high powered, head turner is a parade on two wheels and a tank on the trails. Surprisingly, the bike is very customizable, giving you your option of components, electronics, and even color. The Nireeka website is kind of like a car website, with a building tool for all the options and components you’d like on the bike.

The particular bike is this review is pearlized red in color, rocking the upgraded Bafang Ultra 1000+W motor, the larger 840Wh battery, color display, carbon fiber fork, Shimano XT group set, big 203mm disc brakes, regular saddle, and tossed in a throttle, kickstand, smart taillight and fenders in too. This kind of customization is quite rare in the electric bike industry.

This bike really shines when the sun shines. A bright colorful bike that infects people with smiles. In 2020, we need more of that. Pricing starts at $2,499, before any upgrades or discounts.
And for Electrek readers, we’ve got a coupon code where you can save on the purchase of your own Nireeka bike. (The promo code is “electrek” for a savings of $250 USD)

• Extras: Optional fenders, smart tail-light, kickstand, front fork, 11 frame color choices, color display, carbon fiber accents, comfort saddle, throttle

Configured with the front suspension and bigger battery she checks in at over 70lbs. I would have liked to see the Homie with middrive...

Do you mean that because of the design? What do you mean by "Guaranteed failure in the offing?"
I don't see what can fail besides the design itself. All the components are the same as what is used in other ebikes. Same motor and same parts coming out of China. They have a lifetime warranty on the frame.

We have a lifetime warranty on all frames for the entire ownership of the original purchaser. This covers manufacturing and material defects on bikes manufactured. Rider and equipment weight limit: 120kg/264 lbs total weight including the rider and equipment.

There could be issues with the design such as being able to add a bigger chainring. That's what caught my eye when looking at the drivechain..it may have limitations and rub up against parts of the frame.

Nicholas Raftopoulo on YouTube I think has done a pretty good job beating up and testing both models (Nireeka Prime (Fat Bike) and Nireeka Homie (Full suspension). Look at his videos and where the guy lives...he's out in the boonies in Australia or New Zealand with Rain and Mud. No doubt there will be issues as this is a new company with their first design so there will be improvements going forward and they will learn from their mistakes like every other company.

There's lot of people having issues and complaints but Nireeka doesn't appear to be hiding and removing the complaints lodged. They have a ticketing system on their website which is how IT works, and that appears better than email. Register and open a ticket if you have a concern. They appear to be responsive. I opened 2 tickets both of which answered and resolved my questions regarding my order. The wait time is an unknown and not good so there is risk involved.

You're taking a risk with any of these online companies even more so with a start up. No one else place any orders. I don't want you overwhelming the supply chain and slowing down my order. I'll let everyone know when the coast is clear.:cool:

I don't see what can fail besides the design itself. All the components are the same as what is used in other ebikes. Same motor and same parts coming out of China. They have a lifetime warranty on the frame.

We have a lifetime warranty on all frames for the entire ownership of the original purchaser. This covers manufacturing and material defects on bikes manufactured. Rider and equipment weight limit: 120kg/264 lbs total weight including the rider and equipment.

There could be issues with the design such as being able to add a bigger chainring. That's what caught my eye when looking at the drivechain..it may have limitations and rub up against parts of the frame.

Nicholas Raftopoulo on YouTube I think has done a pretty good job beating up and testing both models (Nireeka Prime (Fat Bike) and Nireeka Homie (Full suspension). Look at his videos and where the guy lives...he's out in the boonies in Australia or New Zealand with Rain and Mud. No doubt there will be issues as this is a new company with their first design so there will be improvements going forward and they will learn from their mistakes like every other company.

There's lot of people having issues and complaints but Nireeka doesn't appear to be hiding and removing the complaints lodged. They have a ticketing system on their website which is how IT works, and that appears better than email. Register and open a ticket if you have a concern. They appear to be responsive. I opened 2 tickets both of which answered and resolved my questions regarding my order. The wait time is an unknown and not good so there is risk involved.

You're taking a risk with any of these online companies even more so with a start up. No one else place any orders. I don't want you overwhelming the supply chain and slowing down my order. I'll let everyone know when the coast is clear.:cool:
hmm... alright. What do you think of the prime compared to these two bikes?

hmm... alright. What do you think of the prime compared to these two bikes?

I think the prime looks better.:cool:

Hard to comment both those are full suspension where the Prime is a Fat Bike. The homie (not the prime) is more like the two you listed. I'm not a mountain bike single track trail kinda of guy so I'm not qualified to comment never having riding any of them. Trek has a solid reputation and you'll likely get support when needed.

So many good choices out there and we'd likely be happy on most of them.

I think the bike looks beautiful. Absolutely fantastic. I want one!

I wish the battery was bigger or there was area to mount a second battery somewhere.

Wait times seems to be rather long for this. Some users claimed to have ordered in March and still waiting for delivery. Not sure if that's par for those that order from China Direct.

This bike is gorgeous and the price is not bad either...very tempting.
Is the 840wh battery not big enough?

Is the 840wh battery not big enough?
I'll let you know when it arrives. Won't be until sometime next year. 840 watt hours should be okay for local trails here in Southern California. But I'm a heavy guy 230 lbs with hills and bad knees so there is no such thing as big enough. I hope battery technology makes great gains in the next decade as it will make riding so much nicer. Nireeka Prime uses the Ultra G510 620 (Currently have the Rize RX Pro) and riding around on PAS 4-5 is an absolute dream, but it drains the battery much quicker but it's an absolute blast. I welcome the days where battery are 10x capacity what they are now.

Hi can you help me? This promo code is not working for me

Back