Upgrade controller for regenerative eAhora bikes?

Cool! Keep stuff like this coming, I am looking at Eahora bikes( not hardcore-more of the gravel bike set- even though some of these stinkin, logging roads are rougher than "all get out") Thinking very seriously about trying to get permission to make an MTB trail along the spine of some of these local ridges( little bit of everything)

Finally bought the 18 amp one from Eahora, yes it helped and the regen is strong-a real brake saver, they charged me $75 though.Wonder what the extra plug is for, a tailight?

Finally bought the 18 amp one from Eahora, yes it helped and the regen is strong-a real brake saver, they charged me $75 though.Wonder what the extra plug is for, a tailight?
Which eAhora ebike did you replace the controller on? I have an XC100 but don't know the rated amps on the controller. The one on their website does not have any information other than a price. Also it's $95, not $75.

I need to know what benefit an upgraded controller would give me. I ride mostly flat, paved bike paths so improved braking is not of interest to me. I do use the regen feature to recharge the battery on descents for those few long slopes that I ride on.

Okay.100XC- it had a 15 amp controller and it would just give out on a pull, it feels much better on the regen even, yep paid 75$, give em a line they will probably knock $ 20 off, others on this site have got them cheaper than $75, truthfully it feels so much stronger acceleration is probably improved.If I had got the controller first, I may not have acquired the "Yamee".

BTW, there is an extra plug on that controller maybe goes to a tailight,.I was in so much a hurry I didnt check it out.

Okay.100XC- it had a 15 amp controller and it would just give out on a pull, it feels much better on the regen even, yep paid 75$, give em a line they will probably knock $ 20 off, others on this site have got them cheaper than $75, truthfully it feels so much stronger acceleration is probably improved.If I had got the controller first, I may not have acquired the "Yamee".
Just to confirm, you replaced the XC100 controller?

Also how did you negotiate the $75 price with eAhora? Through email? I sent an inquiry at their website yesterday but haven't heard back yet.

Also which display do you have? The mono YL80C or a color one? I don't want to have to swap out my display.

Last edited:
They may take awhile to answer,I have the monochromatic display.They are a swell looking little bike aren't they.?

They may take awhile to answer,I have the monochromatic display.They are a swell looking little bike aren't they.?
eAhora replied with the list price of $95. I asked for a discount to $75 but they are ignoring me. In my request for the discount price, I informed them I left positive reviews of the bike on Amazon and their ehoraebike.com website shortly after buying the bike last year. I was hoping that would motivate them but so far it's crickets.

I would imagine some of the savvy Folks in these parts could recommend a replacement generic controller, it shouldn't cost more then say $30, the thing is we want it to work with the display and regen. You maybe talking to a computer as well,I am having the same problem with YAMEE.

I would imagine some of the savvy Folks in these parts could recommend a replacement generic controller, it shouldn't cost more then say $30, the thing is we want it to work with the display and regen. You maybe talking to a computer as well,I am having the same problem with YAMEE.
I looked at YAMEE's website. It's eerily similar to eAhora. Their name for peddle assist is I-PAS, while eAhora is E-PAS. Both claim to have patented regenerative charging to the battery @ 60% efficiency. I bet it's the same technology (motor/controller/chipset). The probably get their frames from the same supplier, too.

I looked at YAMEE's website. It's eerily similar to eAhora. Their name for peddle assist is I-PAS, while eAhora is E-PAS. Both claim to have patented regenerative charging to the battery @ 60% efficiency. I bet it's the same technology (motor/controller/chipset). The probably get their frames from the same supplier, too.
Possibly so, so many of these things are eerily similar. Some of the sellers of controllers will list the functions of various circuits as they are wired, physical size makes a difference, the upgrade controller I received changed the XC into something I could actually enjoy in the hills, before it was stalling out and push, now on pedal-assist 1 with low gears and proper cadence the Hills are doable( valuable for a weak rider as myself).
One difficulty is understanding the translation from Chinese to basic English,I think some of the brake circuits are actually the regen paths.

Possibly so, so many of these things are eerily similar. Some of the sellers of controllers will list the functions of various circuits as they are wired, physical size makes a difference, the upgrade controller I received changed the XC into something I could actually enjoy in the hills, before it was stalling out and push, now on pedal-assist 1 with low gears and proper cadence the Hills are doable( valuable for a weak rider as myself).
One difficulty is understanding the translation from Chinese to basic English,I think some of the brake circuits are actually the regen paths.
My preferred riding routes only have a couple of spots where I go throttle only, and the lack of power of the 15amp controller is apparent. These are not steep inclines either but they are rather long. So going with an 18amp upgraded controller would yield 20% increase. Is the $95 cost worth it? For me, yes, as it's annoying to slow to <10mph on those inclines.

Note that the XC100 only uses full amperage when using throttle. If you set your display to "AH", you can see that clearly. Using PAS, I see the AH value between 3-6 amps, but throttle only pushes it to nearly the limit set by the CUR parameter. I think my controller was factory set at 11 amps and I've bumped it up to 15 (the max for it's controller). So with an upgraded controller it could be set to 18 to match the maximum output available.

All other previous customized settings would have to be reset as well.

If the color of the wires match the function between controllers, it should be a straight forward install/swap.

mine swapped out fine, the only thing is I couldnt get the plastic cover plate on the wires back on had to leave it off( the battery wouldn't snap in place) looks like the shifter and rear brake cable were supposed to go on the other side of the ridge in the frame, as it is they are all clumped together and this controller swap made the bike tolerable, the regen works like gangbusters now. The way it was before, I probably would have given it to a stranger. Its a good looking bike, only bad thing is the frame is almost too little for me.

Son of a gun( be careful when messing with controllers- must be some capacitors in there{ got a big spark when I shorted something with the battery disconnected) I was messing with my gutless"Yamee'"Mukkpet" and the controller I took out of it was an 18 amp tiny unit that looks a lot like the "XC-100" controller.
I wish there were some standards and interchangeability on these Chinese e-bikes.
The service tech at "Yamee" has been very helpful and is going to send me another controller and He( She, It) said the Eahora and "Mukkpet" controllers( despite the "IPAS" were not the same,hmmm) at least they are not charging me$ 75 for the little tiny controller(good way to go out of business-Eahora!-get your service changed to priority!)
Now on the "Mukkpet" if this doesn't help it I will do one of three things.
1. Buy a 1500 Watt 20 inch rear wheel upgrade and add some more juice.
2.Sell it for a big loss
3. Or give it away( if I can't use it its not sitting around gathering dust {fine for the flatlands, we are up and down here and riding trails are many miles away}

My preferred riding routes only have a couple of spots where I go throttle only, and the lack of power of the 15amp controller is apparent. These are not steep inclines either but they are rather long. So going with an 18amp upgraded controller would yield 20% increase. Is the $95 cost worth it? For me, yes, as it's annoying to slow to <10mph on those inclines.

Note that the XC100 only uses full amperage when using throttle. If you set your display to "AH", you can see that clearly. Using PAS, I see the AH value between 3-6 amps, but throttle only pushes it to nearly the limit set by the CUR parameter. I think my controller was factory set at 11 amps and I've bumped it up to 15 (the max for it's controller). So with an upgraded controller it could be set to 18 to match the maximum output available.

All other previous customized settings would have to be reset as well.

If the color of the wires match the function between controllers, it should be a straight forward install/swap.
I just ordered a new controller from EAhora, asking for the one that provides 18 amps in both throttle and PAS modes. They sent me a new controller, but it performs exactly the same as the original. How do I get the support people to understand what I want? Is there a new part # or what?

I just ordered a new controller from EAhora, asking for the one that provides 18 amps in both throttle and PAS modes. They sent me a new controller, but it performs exactly the same as the original. How do I get the support people to understand what I want? Is there a new part # or what?
I have one that puts out full power 21A under PAS. Never been installed. The extra wire for those that haven't read about or figured it out is for another light. I am asking $50 plus shipping. I bought it from Eahora But sold the bike and bought a different one.

I have one that puts out full power 21A under PAS. Never been installed. The extra wire for those that haven't read about or figured it out is for another light. I am asking $50 plus shipping. I bought it from Eahora But sold the bike and bought a different one.
Good deal, that should wake the little 350 watt motor up, the 18 amp really helped mine( at 205# they told Me I was- too heavy for the bike) all I wanted was an Honest 350 watts assist on the steep Hills, it wouldnt do anything, funny the stock 36 volt 350 watt "ECOTRIC"would actually help you all the way.

which model did you have. I have an AM100

Do you still have this controller? I have an AM100 and the 6amp PAS is very frustrating. Throttled will give the 15-18 amps that I want in PAS but obviously drops to 6 amps when I pedal.
I have contacted Eahora but even though I bought my bike direct from them they will not ship the controller to Canada (and they want 105 for it now).

Back