Upgrade controller for regenerative eAhora bikes?

Do you still have this controller? I have an AM100 and the 6amp PAS is very frustrating. Throttled will give the 15-18 amps that I want in PAS but obviously drops to 6 amps when I pedal.
I have contacted Eahora but even though I bought my bike direct from them they will not ship the controller to Canada (and they want 105 for it now).
When you contacted Eahora support, did they fully understand the problem? I have been going back and forth with them on this same issue for over a month and they still don't get it. After a couple weeks they seemed to have understood the problem, saying: "Our technical staff said that the current ratio of the current output of the current 18A controller in the throttle mode and the PAS mode is 1:1, which means that the current output power in the PAS mode can reach the current in the throttle mode, but this will reduce the mileage that a bicycle can ride in PAS mode." Based on that, I ordered a new controller, but it performed exactly the same as the old one. Now they are saying that I can change the setting through the display, but the video they sent showing how to do it doesn't help... besides, I have tweaked every setting possible and there is no change. Now they want me to do a video showing that the controller is limited to 6 Ah in PAS mode. I need to set up a GoPro and send it in to them. Hopefully, that will convince them. I keep scratching my head, though. Does this support team have any bikes to ride and see for themselves what is going on?

When you contacted Eahora support, did they fully understand the problem? I have been going back and forth with them on this same issue for over a month and they still don't get it. After a couple weeks they seemed to have understood the problem, saying: "Our technical staff said that the current ratio of the current output of the current 18A controller in the throttle mode and the PAS mode is 1:1, which means that the current output power in the PAS mode can reach the current in the throttle mode, but this will reduce the mileage that a bicycle can ride in PAS mode." Based on that, I ordered a new controller, but it performed exactly the same as the old one. Now they are saying that I can change the setting through the display, but the video they sent showing how to do it doesn't help... besides, I have tweaked every setting possible and there is no change. Now they want me to do a video showing that the controller is limited to 6 Ah in PAS mode. I need to set up a GoPro and send it in to them. Hopefully, that will convince them. I keep scratching my head, though. Does this support team have any bikes to ride and see for themselves what is going on?
Hi SLONomad,
I can confirm that CS (Customer Service) appears to understand. In the last email they said "All the current controllers we send allow you to pedal with more than 6amps of assistance."

The problem is that they won't ship the controller to Ontario even though they sent me the bike last year. I am working with CS to try and come up with a solution but suspect I will be banging my head against a wall.

Chris

Last edited:
Hi SLONomad,
I can confirm that CS appears to understand. In the last email they said "All the current controllers we send allow you to pedal with more than 6amps of assistance."

The problem is that they won't ship the controller to Ontario even though they sent me the bike last year. I am working with CS to try and come up with a solution but suspect I will be banging my head against a wall.

Chris
Who is CS?

I have one that puts out full power 21A under PAS. Never been installed. The extra wire for those that haven't read about or figured it out is for another light. I am asking $50 plus shipping. I bought it from Eahora But sold the bike and bought a different one.
Hello brindisi68,

I have the X7 Plus. I am interested in purchasing your controller. I am located in So. Cal near Disneyland.
Are you still interested in selling?

Back