Samebike xwlx09 750w variant question(s)

Ortix

Region
Europe
Hi guys!

I’ve been reading on this forum for some weeks, as on other forums as well.. but decided to ask here the question! Please move this post to the right sub forum if required.

In advanced, sorry for the long story but I want to explain it correctly! You can skip to “long story short” part.

The story
I bought my first ebike after 3 months comparing, prices, specs and other stuff and decided to buy a “Samebike xwlx09”, there’re several types but I’ve found a “local” store in the Netherlands that sells it, with a 750w G060 20”750w dc bafang motor, 10Ah battery 48v. 18A controller.

As is it’s Chinese(doh), I bought this bike with back in my mind “what if”… what if something breaks, replacements and/or other stuff..

You might can guess now.. he found a issue! And you’re right: “the S830 LCD display, P-settings are factory locked” samebike support confirmed this to me, but refuses to provide an replacement. Do I care? Sort off.. i want to change those settings for off-road!

So you could skip above reading, but gives an idea what I actually think before I buy.

Long story short
What’s good:
Bike is strong, solid, compact, foldable, as I’m using it for going offroad with my amazing dog (20km/12mile tracks).

What absolutely sucks:
Lacking in support and this weird way of factory locked display.

Bike specs
- Motor: sw-py 48v20”750d2107 0229
I found out this is the “real” 750w bafang motor, which as this forum states.. is being the only good thing about the bike :)

- Controller: x863-AAM004A, 18A brushless
nothing on Google, Chinese websites what brand this is or type. it’s a custom OEM controller, which cant talk to/with a bafang (750C) and KT (lcd8h) displays… and must have a male connector. (5-pin, green)

FYI; We don’t have any real hills in Netherlands… just a lot of sand roads, grass and gravel.

The options, sort off.. more or less:
1. find an open s830 display
- must support protocol 2
- must have an male connector
- talk with/to the controller

2. Buy several different display and hope for the best and return if needed (amazone!)

3. Replace the controller and display

Now I’ve got stuck on option 1 and 2, after research and correct me if I’m wrong, I found out:
  • controller can and should be an 22a instead 17a.
  • The motor and battery can and should handle it (48x10a with 750w motor).
  • Motor uses the thicker plug then 350/500w variant (to controller)
  • Best is a KT variant type with same brand display
I don’t want to buy something and hope for the best. I want to buy something that’s sort off.. compatible with the motor (wires) the controller can, if required) go on frame with a box.

Technical details

The bike:
https://m.alibaba.com/product/1600196398613/SAMEBIKE-STOCK-XWLX09-750W-48V-10A.html

The controller:
https://m.nl.aliexpress.com/item/1005003943130034.html (I’ve found something similar; https://m.nl.aliexpress.com/item/32823650575.html)

The display:
https://m.nl.aliexpress.com/item/1005003762532907.html

The battery:
See picture

Questions!!!
Do you need more info before you guys know some answers? If so, ask.

First question
what do you think I should do?

Second question
What is a ‘trusted’ seller regarding those controllers, display that I can order?

Attachments

• C7047E2B-9377-40AF-89E7-7B946BE92BCD.png
    C7047E2B-9377-40AF-89E7-7B946BE92BCD.png
    480.5 KB · Views: 244
  • A3E6139A-6BF8-44F6-9CBA-77ADE0D08CE0.jpeg
    A3E6139A-6BF8-44F6-9CBA-77ADE0D08CE0.jpeg
    224.7 KB · Views: 275
  • EC80FAC9-B1E3-4E78-B534-25D3A75D8E40.jpeg
    EC80FAC9-B1E3-4E78-B534-25D3A75D8E40.jpeg
    331.4 KB · Views: 283
  • FF1D8E61-23CE-4A57-8A10-3817A03B5728.jpeg
    FF1D8E61-23CE-4A57-8A10-3817A03B5728.jpeg
    252.2 KB · Views: 290
  • 945AB271-5B7D-4E18-A0BE-3DCCB6E92B01.jpeg
    945AB271-5B7D-4E18-A0BE-3DCCB6E92B01.jpeg
    626.5 KB · Views: 263
  • CE2566FB-81D2-41AE-AE1D-A434428AFEA7.jpeg
    CE2566FB-81D2-41AE-AE1D-A434428AFEA7.jpeg
    148 KB · Views: 242
  • 365320AA-5155-4647-A919-B905FBD5F8DC.jpeg
    365320AA-5155-4647-A919-B905FBD5F8DC.jpeg
    160.8 KB · Views: 268
Hi Ortix, many thanks for your detailed post! Just wanted to ask - did you ever manage to solve this?

I am now basically on the same boat, except I have the Samebike MY-SM26. Of course, it came with the locked-down S830, so I am seeking ways to overcome this and tweak the settings a bit (I live in a hilly area).
I've already bought (kinda stupidly!) the SW900 display, thinking it would work with the X863 controller (the "hidden" variant which sits underneath the Hailong battery), but no luck, obviously. So now I'm basically looking at 3 options:

A) buy an unlocked S830, utilizing the so-called "Protocol #2", hoping for the best or
B) change the controller + display + peripherals (if necessary) to transform the bike into a KT-based build or
C) change the firmware of the stock S830 (does not seem to be possible as far as my research goes).

Of course, if you have any updates on your situation, I'd happily read about them 🙂 Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_20220522_122953.jpg
    IMG_20220522_122953.jpg
    224.6 KB · Views: 219
Hi Ortix, many thanks for your detailed post! Just wanted to ask - did you ever manage to solve this?

I am now basically on the same boat, except I have the Samebike MY-SM26. Of course, it came with the locked-down S830, so I am seeking ways to overcome this and tweak the settings a bit (I live in a hilly area).
I've already bought (kinda stupidly!) the SW900 display, thinking it would work with the X863 controller (the "hidden" variant which sits underneath the Hailong battery), but no luck, obviously. So now I'm basically looking at 3 options:

A) buy an unlocked S830, utilizing the so-called "Protocol #2", hoping for the best or
B) change the controller + display + peripherals (if necessary) to transform the bike into a KT-based build or
C) change the firmware of the stock S830 (does not seem to be possible as far as my research goes).

Of course, if you have any updates on your situation, I'd happily read about them 🙂 Thanks.
Hi,

Seems it’s a difficult question as no one else replays. I’ve bought a s866 display, with protocol #2, which works but it gives a e10 error.. “communication error” with the controller after riding 10km. So I returned it duo lack of compatibly.

I’ve contacted several AliExpress guys and they cannot guarantee that the s830 display is unlocked and contacted their factory and said “new protocol says that the display must be factory locked” same as what “samebike” relied via mail.

Next option is just to replace the controller and display by a KT variant, I’ve got a 750w motor and should handle easy between 22-30a controller.. so that’s my search now :) to find a most compatible controller due the wires and that suits inside the frame. It will cost mostly between 80-200€ Depending on what kind of display you choose. Most kits come include brakes, pas etc.. but I don’t need that all i think 🤔

Attachments

• 200256C7-3ADB-4E19-AAF3-4190FA7E80B2.jpeg
    200256C7-3ADB-4E19-AAF3-4190FA7E80B2.jpeg
    146.5 KB · Views: 189
Hi,

Seems it’s a difficult question as no one else replays. I’ve bought a s866 display, with protocol #2, which works but it gives a e10 error.. “communication error” with the controller after riding 10km. So I returned it duo lack of compatibly.

I’ve contacted several AliExpress guys and they cannot guarantee that the s830 display is unlocked and contacted their factory and said “new protocol says that the display must be factory locked” same as what “samebike” relied via mail.

Next option is just to replace the controller and display by a KT variant, I’ve got a 750w motor and should handle easy between 22-30a controller.. so that’s my search now :) to find a most compatible controller due the wires and that suits inside the frame. It will cost mostly between 80-200€ Depending on what kind of display you choose. Most kits come include brakes, pas etc.. but I don’t need that all i think 🤔
The nice part of a kit that includes all of the accessories, is those accessories are guaranteed to match the controller wiring. That's a huge part of one of these conversions, and the accessories are REALLY inexpensive if you consider your time to be worth anything.

Regarding the KT displays, that color display is really nice, but it can get pretty difficult to read in direct sunlight. The LCD3 is less expensive, does a good job, and is easily read in direct sunlight. Your call....

The nice part of a kit that includes all of the accessories, is those accessories are guaranteed to match the controller wiring. That's a huge part of one of these conversions, and the accessories are REALLY inexpensive if you consider your time to be worth anything.

Regarding the KT displays, that color display is really nice, but it can get pretty difficult to read in direct sunlight. The LCD3 is less expensive, does a good job, and is easily read in direct sunlight. Your call....
Hi,

Thanks, that makes sense tho.. can you give any direction where to buy those? They come in many flavors and sellers..

Hi,

Thanks, that makes sense tho.. can you give any direction where to buy those? They come in many flavors and sellers..
The knowledge they come in many flavors is your first line of defense. Make sure you are buying one with the connectors you are expecting - especially the one for the motor. I generally buy mine on Amazon, so I don't have to wait so long for shipping, and for the extra layer of buyer protection. I saved this link because it illustrates the point that there are so many models and model derivatives. No clue about the vendor-

Hi,

Oh, that's not very nice to hear. Well, at least you were able to return it and get the money back.

I've already bit the bullet and bought an S830 (Protocol 2) from a third party vendor, hoping it will work (and won't be locked 😏). I've been told the same by a Samebike reseller, but honestly, I find it nonsense for ALL new S830s to be locked.. but I might be wrong.
Anyway, good luck with your ebike, hopefully the KT will work for you 🙂 I'm hesitatant to swap the controller, as I'd ideally need something like this (my Samebike has the controller underneath the battery - kinda expensive): https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32967236787.html

Last edited:
Just to give an update on this - I've received the Protocol#2 S830, and it works fine, the P settings are unlocked. What I am not exactly fond of is that the controller does not obey the current limit set inside the display - draws up to 11A*50V = 550W, even if I set it to like 5A max (I've got a 350W geared hub motor). Oh well, at least the other settings work now, like the PAS sensitivity and display timeout (needed to change this to allow for stationary USB charging :) ).

Just to give an update on this - I've received the Protocol#2 S830, and it works fine, the P settings are unlocked. What I am not exactly fond of is that the controller does not obey the current limit set inside the display - draws up to 11A*50V = 550W, even if I set it to like 5A max (I've got a 350W geared hub motor). Oh well, at least the other settings work now, like the PAS sensitivity and display timeout (needed to change this to allow for stationary USB charging :) ).
Hello have you managed to unleash the speed of your samebike if yes how much is your speed battery charger thank you in advance

Hello have you managed to unleash the speed of your samebike if yes how much is your speed battery charger thank you in advance
Hi, actually, I used to be able to alter the speed limit even prior to replacing the display with the unlocked version (I've done this to change other settings - display timeout, PAS sensitivity etc.). I have the bike set to 29kph max, from what I've read though, it should be able to do 32 - 35 easily (have not tried setting the limit this high personally).

Back