PAS 1 No Longer Working

arcom

In the middle of today’s ride, I noticed that PAS level 1 stopped providing assist. It displays clearly but there is no assist. I sent an email to Daniel regarding this, I thought maybe somebody else might have a suggestion?

TIA.

Strange, did you get any more information on the issue?
I did. I received an email from Danielle who explained that due to some customer issues with Pas 1 running too fast, it was re-programmed to 7 km/h. I confirmed, by lifting the rear wheel off the ground via the kickstand, that Pas 1 was in fact driving the rear wheel. But I definitely feel it’s driving it slower and more quietly——To my thinking I used to be able to hear the motor running in Pas 1, now I can’t. My wife says I’m just hard of hearing. Plus I don’t see how my bike could’ve been reprogrammed unless they did it mysteriously over the air. LOL.

I did. I received an email from Danielle who explained that due to some customer issues with Pas 1 running too fast, it was re-programmed to 7 km/h. I confirmed, by lifting the rear wheel off the ground via the kickstand, that Pas 1 was in fact driving the rear wheel. But I definitely feel it’s driving it slower and more quietly——To my thinking I used to be able to hear the motor running in Pas 1, now I can’t. My wife says I’m just hard of hearing. Plus I don’t see how my bike could’ve been reprogrammed unless they did it mysteriously over the air. LOL.
Interesting! It definitely did not get reprogrammed. They don’t have OTA programming. Probably you got use to the bike now so PAS1 now is hardly noticeable. I’m not sure how efficient the motor is at that speed, but based on my experience I would think that that was a good move for them.

the motor may have quieted a bit after being broken in too, usually though they seem to get a bit noisier.

Back