Bafang BBSHD no response in PAS 1

laudou

I have this BBSHD motor with a 48v. 21 A battery that is getting no assist at all in PAS 1 out of 5. Be it in Eco or in Sports mode, no assist at all. The PAS levels from 2 to 5 are working normally. Or is there a special way to program a 5 PAS levels DPC 18 using the 9 PAS level config tool available on the net? I only used data for the first 5 PAS levels, leaving the last four blank. Could that be what caused PAS 1 not to output any power? Where should I look?

I eventually replace the original 5 PAS DPC18 with a 9 PAS-860C and the PAS 1 problem went away. I gues the culprit was the display.
Thanks

Last edited:
I know. And when I long press the + I enter the Sports mode. Long press the + sign again gets back to Eco mode.
I was thinking that you have the newer ‘upgraded‘ model. Mine is about 21 months old. But seriously why did the bother?

The question was why did they bother to change from the simple numerical PAS system to eco/sport? It's not addressed to you.

I don’t understand what’s confusing about a model of display potentially having different firmware.
The question was why did they bother to change from the simple numerical PAS system to eco/sport? It's not addressed to you.
Why did they lock out 52V batteries? Why did they change the BBS01-02 and not inform their dealers? Trying to sort Bafangs logic will just get one's head spinning.

Tom, I have a 52 volt battery. What exactly was locked out? They say the motor is rated 48v/52v btw.
For a few months, we saw BBSHD firmware that would not recognize a 52V battery. Using a 52v battery would give error code 07, overvolt, and not run. Mind this was more than a year ago.

Back