BPM Imports F1000 1000W Ultra Mid Drive Fat Tire Electric Bike

I was hesitant because their battery is only 17 amps and I wanted 21. But they’re giving me an extra battery for $300 so that’s a good workaround. Frey is backed up so far now that it would take at least 10 weeks to get a bike and I’m not up to waiting that long.

I noticed last night they have a $100 off code which makes it more compelling. My concern would be the entry level components, particularly the disc brakes.

Components are cheap but I can upgrade those as I go along. Other than FRey I haven’t seen anything I can afford with Ultra motor and lots of battery power. And I can’t wait for Frey because I have to sell my current bike in order to buy, and my current bike is my daily transportation.

Yep, as long as you're happy upgrading the spec later it's a nice buy. Looking forward to hearing how it works out for you. Did you want a fat tire bike?

It looks like I’m about to buy their Bafang Ultra fat bike. I’ll let you know how it goes.
Hey dave, they did take care of my battery issue I took my F 1000 to bike store for diagnosis email b p.m. sent me a new battery so all is good. good luck. Terence

Looking closer at the specs for the F1000 it has hydraulic brakes (initially I thought they were manual disc). Nice looking bike in matte black judging from the images in this ebay auction (which looks to be a rebadged F1000). I tend to prefer non-studio photos to get a better idea of what a bike looks like:

(Link Removed - No Longer Exists)

46974 46978 46977 46976 46973 46975

Yep, as long as you're happy upgrading the spec later it's a nice buy. Looking forward to hearing how it works out for you. Did you want a fat tire bike?
I’m waiting for it to arrive — should be here by Monday. I was ambivalent on tire size — either 3 or 4. I’m okay with 4. Excited to see how the Ultra motor performs and how fast/far I can get with two 17a batteries. With good motor, frame (hopefully) and batteries, I can upgrade the rest a little at a time.

I just took my first ride on my new BPM fat-tire (4 inch) with Ultra motor. It’s as fast as I hoped (26 mph on flat with throttle only). But the battery is draining rapidly. I rode it 7 miles on highest level assist, pedaling the whole way without throttle, on mostly flat ground and drained almost the entire battery (48v, 17a). I weigh 225 pounds. Am I doing something wrong or is this what I should expect?

Dave I'm thinking of buying one of these as well ....do you have any other advice or info to consider?
I have a 2019 BPM Imports F1000 48v 17ah ,
it has some out of the box issues that will need attended to ,the stock chain sucks , as well as the stock chainring. I replaced mine with a 42t Raceface chainring as well as a KMC e9 ebike chain.i went thru 2 chains in less than 30 miles.
also the front forks suck big time.
and the front rack is a bitch to install without extra clamps and spacers to avoid contact with the forks when installing. I plan on upgrading the forks asap as well as reprogramming the settings on the Bafang Ultra G510 . it needs major changes to make it preform better.
if I had more cash I would of brought the Bixtrix Juggernaut Ultra instead.
you get what you pay for.so do your homework before shelling out your hard earned cash.

Attachments

• 20191127_215208.jpg
    20191127_215208.jpg
    544.4 KB · Views: 757
  • 20191127_215351.jpg
    20191127_215351.jpg
    409.9 KB · Views: 660
Last edited:
I just took my first ride on my new BPM fat-tire (4 inch) with Ultra motor. It’s as fast as I hoped (26 mph on flat with throttle only). But the battery is draining rapidly. I rode it 7 miles on highest level assist, pedaling the whole way without throttle, on mostly flat ground and drained almost the entire battery (48v, 17a). I weigh 225 pounds. Am I doing something wrong or is this what I should expect?
You can't expect the battery to last on Sport mode very long , the Ultra G510 needs major programming to make it better. the whole thing is a mess and programming is very vague on how to do this.

I can explain the situation if you want.
the Bafang Ultra G510 motor needs reprogramming and the Battery is like a dry sponge that needs about 30 charges or more to Completely soak in the charge to 17ah.
the Sport mode will drain the battery down Fast !
the whole thing is that the programming is totally screwed up and will need extensive reprogramming. also the rim size is 26" but the tire size is 29" so I switched the rim size to 29" instead of 26" I can get my F1000 up to 37 mph on flats with peddling.
the Stock Bafang Programming Sucks and Will need recalibrated to proform better.
there is also an Upgraded controller that
Watt Wagons of Massachusetts has that will make the bike go faster and longer with there new controller and software upgrades.
it's very Expensive at $1100 for them to make this upgrade. here is the link to the Expensive controller .

In terms of cost, it can be upgraded as for as low as $700. The cost increases as you add more power and programming. I was initially put off by the upcharge but if you think about it, more power increases warranty cost. Similarly the development of the programming needs to be funded. It's not like there is a huge base of users funding this at the moment. I would suggest going with the 1000W version for $800. 2300W is too powerful IMO. If you want to more range less is more. I'm easily getting 20% improvement in range, but I haven't tested throttle. I suspect there will be fewer gains if you just want to use throttle as it's more an "on" setting. When pedaling you definitely notice the new controller is blending in the power and using the motor more efficiently (only as much as it needs when you need it for a smoother experience) whereas the stock controller seemed to be using the motor more often and less efficiently (too much, then too little, then too much, etc). I can't say for sure if that's the reason for the improved efficiency, there be more going on than meets the eye. I honestly don't think programming is a must have. It seems perfectly tuned as is.

Dave I how has the F1000 worked for you. Do you recommend? Any issues?
See my comments below.
In terms of cost, it can be upgraded as for as low as $700. The cost increases as you add power and programming. I would suggest the 1000W version for $800. 2300W is too powerful IMO and if you want to more range less is more. I'm easily getting 20% improvement in range, but I haven't tested throttle. I suspect there will be fewer gain if you just want to use throttle as it's more of an "on" setting. When pedaling you definitely notice the new controller is blending in the power and using the motor more efficiently (only as much as it needs) whereas the stock controller seemed to be using the motor more often and less efficiently. I can't say for sure if that's the reason, there be more going on than meets the eye. I honestly don't think programming is a must have. It seems perfectly tuned as is.
it needs major recalibration , the force on the pedals reach there max and is bothersome and is a nuisance to ride.
the Force of the tork sensors needs to be stepped up. I will probably purchase the Excess Controller from Watt Wagons in the future and make a comparison video for my YouTube channel and offer it to Watt Wagons as well. before and after proformance outcomes.
I wanted this Ebike to keep up with traffic and not be in harm's way in moving traffic.
I had a 2015 Radwagon ,it was fun but Very Slow and not for moving Traffic .
I call Radebikes Sad due to there lack of power and proformance. Watt Wagons link

Attachments

• 20191127_215208.jpg
    20191127_215208.jpg
    544.4 KB · Views: 527
  • 20160619_170326~2.jpg
    20160619_170326~2.jpg
    795.9 KB · Views: 506
Last edited:
I'm looking to replace the front forks asap on my BPM imports F1000 and without removing the forks I'm not sure if the fork stem is tapered or strait tube design ? anyone know what type of fork is on my F1000 ?

Attachments

• 20191127_215208.jpg
    20191127_215208.jpg
    544.4 KB · Views: 524
Back