2x MTB crankset compatible with press fit GXP-A1 PFGXP ROAD 86.5/WA91.5

EMGX

Well-Known Member
Against better judgement I'm sort of considering a carbon non-E 1x gravel bike that comes with 40t chainring (minimum 38t compatible) and 11-42t 11 speed cassette SRAM Apex1 derailleur. That setup won't provide even close to the lowest gear ratio that I require. I could add a front derailleur and a 2x crankset but it appears that only MTB specific would provide the low gearing I need, something like 38/26. AI tells me that MTB crankset wouldn't be compatible with GXP-A1 PFGXP ROAD 86.5/WA91.5 press fit bottom bracket but "you can mount an MTB GPX crankset into an 86.5mm road bottom bracket by using a GXP-specific spindle spacer kit." I don't want to get in over my head and end up with a bike that I can't ride up the hills where I live. If anyone with expertise can offer clarity/solution please post up.

I'd like something like this crankset https://www.sram.com/en/service/models/fc-x5-a1
1791311800152.png
 
Back