2nd ride on Himiway A7 Pro - what went into thinking and other bikes I considered

tgianco

Region
USA
City
Folsom, CA
This was my 1st time uploading a video to YouTube. I will get better at it, but it has my first impressions of the Himiway A7 Pro, what I like and stuff I need to improve upon to make it the ride I want and some of the other bikes I considered.

I also had to upgrade my seat (cloud-9) and bell (Accmor classic bell) on my Cobra Pro. I really haven't had a need to go above PAS 1 with the mid-drive compared to having to use PAS 2-3 with my rear hub. Took me some time to get used to having to shift gears with all speed changes and starting at a lower gear at a stop with a mid-drive compared to rear hub motor with my old Radrover.

Yeah, I switched to the Cloud 9 seat. I've repositioned the bell, so will see if that works for me as the right side of the handlebars is pretty "busy" now with the gears, the throttle and the bell. I also put my handlebars in a more upright, relaxed position.
While I pedal the entire time, I am coming to the conclusion that my innate overall laziness might have been better served with a hub motor. We'll see, though. This does fly, even in PAS 1 when I pedal.

The Himiway mid-drive works waaay better when I ride with my wife on her rear hub Radcity. I just couldn't match her Radcity normal riding speed on my old rear hub cadence sensor Radrover because PAS 2 wasn't enough power and PAS 3 was too much power (close to ghost pedaling) . A tq sensor mid-drive will be perfect if you do ride with others with a mix of pedal, mid-drives, and rear hubs at any speed.

Back