28th day... it arrives...

Ebikefevercure

Exciting and deflating... Updated 2018 OEM components for Voltbike Enduro. So far it's beautiful except the issues I point out in the video. I forgot to mention the throttle but, you can see it at 2:16. The seat post position shown is as low as it will go without cutting and it is perfect for my 29-30" inseam... There isn't a current View of this model since Court's epic video so, I felt it was necessary. Plus everyone on the Voltbike forum seem a little restless, happy or PO'd... I hope this helps your fever...

I need to add that this bike looks WAY better in person. I promise...

It rides really nice without power :)... (for those asking in previous posts.)

Last edited:
You are extremely calm for someone that paid $1000 plus for something that doesn’t work, lol

Hope it all works out, ASAP. Nice video and good looking bike.

You are extremely calm for someone that paid $1000 plus for something that doesn’t work, lol

Hope it all works out, ASAP. Nice video and good looking bike.

LMAO!!! Thanks friend. If you knew the issues I dealt with for my occupation you'd understand my demeanor. I wanted to but, I won't get mad until they stop trying to help... Goose-phrah-bah.... The owner was fast to reply and assist. That's all I'm asking... I don't believe it will get ugly. Fortunately I have a Rad Rover to get my miles in.

Great video. Straight to the point. Get Voltbike to replace that seat even if you don't end up using it. Keep it as a spare. Did the box have any sign of damage when you received it? What was involved in changing out the rotors if I might ask? If I understood you correctly, it sounds like you prefer the larger rotors w/ mechanical disk brakes over hydraulic brakes.

Great video. Straight to the point. Get Voltbike to replace that seat even if you don't end up using it. Keep it as a spare. Did the box have any sign of damage when you received it? What was involved in changing out the rotors if I might ask? If I understood you correctly, it sounds like you prefer the larger rotors w/ mechanical disk brakes over hydraulic brakes.

Box has minimal damage for what I had expected to see. Bike has no visible damage, I'm befuddled...

I prefer hydraulic but, I'm not dropping too much more $$ on the Rover other than maintenance. That's why I wanted to experiment with the 203mm disk 1st. I also read about the sluggish hybrid calipers and thought it wasn't what I was looking for.

For the Rad: the brake rotors are Avid, buy a pair at a time. Replacement (2 pair) pads were $14.99 from Truckerco on Ebay. Always fresh pads on new rotors. The front adapter was a Tektro (Brand specific) for 203mm and the rear was IS mount 203mm from ZENO brand. All from ebay approx. $42 all in, and the Rover was set front and back. Cheaper than a complete Ebike Hydraulic set and instant responsive over cable/hydraulic calipers. If you buy these parts Clean the rotor with alcohol after install. DO NOT TOUCH YOUR PAD CONTACTS WITH YOUR GREASY HANDS. THE PAD AND ROTOR WILL NEVER MARRY PROPERLY. One last caveat, you will need to go fast and intentionally squeeze out some hard stops before you get the best braking performance. After 5 minutes of squealing tire stops, (not brake rotor screams), my were perfectly set. Easy install, be clean and use lock-tite... The Enduro Tektro Aries calipers are the exact same parts/mounts/adapters as the aforementioned for the Rover. So, that bit of research is done for me already as well..

My personal belief is that any less than 203mm rotors has no place on an E-mtb... mech or hydraulic...

Last edited:
COMPLETE PARTS LIST FOR 203mm upgrade:
https://www.universalcycles.com/shopping/product_details.php?id=79863
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B074HVC2VN/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Tektro-A-7-203Mm-R-Disc-Adaptor-Draco-Aquilla/361966152823?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

This list will objectively work with Tekro Aries calipers. I would assume all PM and IS under Tektro.
The rotors are not topnotch but, decent. They are a little more $$ this time but, look more aesthetically pleasing. The cheaper Avid discs are doing fine so, Tektro brand has to be equivalent or better, IMO...

While I wait for a new LCD I should get these on too. ANYONE NEED SPARE 160mm?? Brand new lol

Glad you finally got your Enduro, too bad there were a few issues, but they will straighten it out. I heard you in the video mention putting 203mm discs on the front. Just a note on that as I did a lot of research, make sure you upgrade to the Rockshox before you go to 203mm as the Suntour XCT is only spec to 160mm. I actually bent the Suntour severly when adding the Shimano RT-86 (6 hole) 180mm along with Shimano SLX hydro brakes, two very hard stops and the Suntour was gone, and I am lucky it was not fully catostophic. I have since upgraded to the RT-99 180mm discs with spline lock and can way out power the tires ability to stop in almost any situation.

Looking forward to seeing you build!

Whoa! Glad you're alright to tell the tale. Thanks for the heads up!... While I (try to be patiently) wait, I'm ordering $%#@ online every few hours, like an @$$. Good thing I went to work... Just finished riding a non-ebike 13 miles on hilly white gravel so, I can build some extra strength and remind me the struggle lol... The more I look at it I have to say, the tires Voltbike provided (Kadre) are asking for some real trails and climbing challenges. I felt I needed the extra training before hand regardless....

I'll hold on the front until I get appropriate forks. I think the hydraulic calipers you have were a huge jump in "rotor grab" and tweaked the freshman level forks.

I appreciate your guidance friend. I'll keep the post updated with goodies.

Last edited:
To follow up:

George has been 2 rings away every time I have called him. I changed the lcd with the replacement they had sent and nothing still. I followed his video and checked all the wire connections throughout. Still nothing visible. After all that, I made it clear what I wanted was for him to send me a new bike immediately and arrange the delivery/pick-up simultaneously . Monday or Tuesday next week is the soonest he can test and send another bike. I understand, I am much obliged that he complied to my request and answers my calls knowing there was an issue. I deal with clients and not everything will go perfectly as planned. It's how you handle the imperfect moments that can define you.

Let's hope 2nd time is the charm. I will just maintain my positive vibes until it arrives again.

Thanks for interactions.

New forks, discs, seat, handlebar, and faulty LCD. I guess I prefer to buy a bike that already has the quality components I prefer. Too bad it doesn't work out of the box, especially after waiting a month. Good luck.

Still cheaper than another middrive FS bike... No matter what was on it, I would have customized it. The money saved was spent on parts I enjoyed researching for. Can't put a price on educational info I found as well. Plus I could afford an entire 2nd set of rims and tires for rolling on tarmac... In 2 years, I'll sell both of my ebikes and get something more appropriate that I've grown into so, I'm not too attached anyways.

I learn from shared experiences so, it was only right I pass the knowledge wether good or bad experience.

Still cheaper than another middrive FS bike... No matter what was on it, I would have customized it. The money saved was spent on parts I enjoyed researching for. Can't put a price on educational info I found as well. Plus I could afford an entire 2nd set of rims and tires for rolling on tarmac... In 2 years, I'll sell both of my ebikes and get something more appropriate that I've grown into so, I'm not too attached anyways.

I learn from shared experiences so, it was only right I pass the knowledge wether good or bad experience.
I agree, still cheaper. But, you aren't riding yet.

Patience is virtue, I have another ebike. Life isn't about what I don't have. It's so, much better that way. Inconvenience is our biggest fear lol, I'm guilty

I love the Enduro, after customizing it has only gotten better... My new route is 22.9m round trip with 8 of 10 bars remaining every time. I've climbed grassy hills and side trails, a few deer paths surrounding the lake without putting a foot down when I wasn't so certain I could. I'm having a great time, plus we have 2 ebikes for good company to join me for an adventure length ride. It's all coming together in the end, as I it should.

Thanks for contributing to my posts across the board. I hope I have returned the help I have received.

Hi all, I just got done with my second week of riding my enduro, thanks to Seepirate I managed to order the Banfang color display that let me unlock 28 MPH. For whatever reason the forum didn't let me post on that thread, so I am posting here instead. I need more points it seems like.

Manitou Markhor 9mm QR $200.00, beefy Zoagear short stem $34 (slightly shows blue stem), Dpc18, 203mm rotors,... Schwalbe big Ben plus ordered. I was almost hit by a car flying into the crosswalk blindly and ripped a few knobs off the Kendra Kadres stopping. Sooo glad the 203mms were broke-in. The fork replacement was a snap. The rims are 36-spoke so, I had to find airshocks good enough to use them still. To be completely real, this bike is Great but, not a real DH or Enduro in comparison. The Manitou is the next best thing for suburban XC and trail, IMO...

Seepirate also gave me the confidence that this bike was customizable. (I couldn't link ya, friend sorry) I want to see everyone else's too!

Attachments

• 20180717_122637.jpg
    20180717_122637.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 601
  • 20180717_122709.jpg
    20180717_122709.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 568
  • 20180717_122726.jpg
    20180717_122726.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 639
  • 20180717_122748.jpg
    20180717_122748.jpg