Trace EXC Cadence Sensor

Jaime B

I wanted to check to see if anyone else has had issues with the pedal assist with the Trace EXC. I've owned one for 2 months and a few weeks ago the pedal assist started to malfunction intermittently, I got an "E4" error code which is for the cadence sensor. I took it into a Currie dealer and they checked the connections and spoke to Currie; eventually they put spark plug grease in the cadence sensor connector near the bottom bracket. It seems to work better but lost power briefly this morning again (only for a short period).

Thanks for any experiences

Try using higher assist level 3 or 4 and see if the "pulling" is still present. I have a similar experience from my DD Izip Dash (same motor to EXC Trace) but I suspect it is a battery output fluctuation (surge and sag) especially noticeable at assist level 1. I can tell it is the battery since I have three batteries and the newer ones does not give the same issue.

If there are ebike stores within your vicinity, that would help. You can tell then that you want to order a new battery if they let you try the battery from their ebikes on the display (usually Izip brand carry the same kind of battery). If the problem is fixed with another battery then you can purchase a new battery.

Back