Stefan Mikes
Gravel e-biker
- Region
- Europe
- City
- Mazovia, PL
"Alfer's Apple" Ride: The Photos
Just a few, the most representative ones.
On a gravel alternative to road cycling, a trail bypassing Cieciszew on the Warsaw - Góra Kalwaria route. Those guys first had no idea what I was riding. As MTBs are rather slow, I shot forward in just 40/80% Power ECO mode and set a photo trap
Then, they realised I could ride very slowly but very fast as well! 
Central Mazovia is a flat area. Góra Kalwaria with its 11% rather short climb is one of a very few where we can try climbing
Góra Kalwaria has been made a mecca for Warsaw road cyclists. The mural sports Ryszard Szurkowski, a Poland's road cycling champion of the era long gone.
The only spot with Czersk Castle, cyclists and apple trees in one frame!
Yes, there are some taxing climbs but you have to find them first!
The land is abundant with apples. We also tried delicious, ripe and super sweet plums!
"Our Press" is a small but modern fruit and vegetable processing company. They are very active about Public Relations, inviting -- for example -- schools to organise trips to that place. See how perfect lighting the reception has! We got delicious warm apple juice from a samovar. See also the "Following" counter for Instagram. Follow nasza_tlocznia and the counter will advance!
A junkyard en route. @Brix tells me the London line 10 was discontinued in 2018. It might be one of the original double-deckers of that line! (The junkyard also had a small passenger plane but it was not there anymore).
With that abundance of apple, nobody would mind us looting the orchard
It was raining more and I felt the cold. Said "I'm waiting at the next bus shelter en route, guys!" but was unaware the next bus shelter would be many kilometres away!
I waited for them there.
By River Pilica in Warka. A man is missing but it was eight of us to finish the ride together.
I still dream of that zapiekanka!
Just a few, the most representative ones.
On a gravel alternative to road cycling, a trail bypassing Cieciszew on the Warsaw - Góra Kalwaria route. Those guys first had no idea what I was riding. As MTBs are rather slow, I shot forward in just 40/80% Power ECO mode and set a photo trap
Central Mazovia is a flat area. Góra Kalwaria with its 11% rather short climb is one of a very few where we can try climbing
Góra Kalwaria has been made a mecca for Warsaw road cyclists. The mural sports Ryszard Szurkowski, a Poland's road cycling champion of the era long gone.
The only spot with Czersk Castle, cyclists and apple trees in one frame!
Yes, there are some taxing climbs but you have to find them first!
The land is abundant with apples. We also tried delicious, ripe and super sweet plums!
"Our Press" is a small but modern fruit and vegetable processing company. They are very active about Public Relations, inviting -- for example -- schools to organise trips to that place. See how perfect lighting the reception has! We got delicious warm apple juice from a samovar. See also the "Following" counter for Instagram. Follow nasza_tlocznia and the counter will advance!
A junkyard en route. @Brix tells me the London line 10 was discontinued in 2018. It might be one of the original double-deckers of that line! (The junkyard also had a small passenger plane but it was not there anymore).
With that abundance of apple, nobody would mind us looting the orchard
It was raining more and I felt the cold. Said "I'm waiting at the next bus shelter en route, guys!" but was unaware the next bus shelter would be many kilometres away!
By River Pilica in Warka. A man is missing but it was eight of us to finish the ride together.
I still dream of that zapiekanka!
Last edited: