2026 - Our Rides in Words, Photos, Maps and Videos

1791568971122.png

The AI graphics for the tomorrow's Apple Ride, by the organiser :) "Chainring & Fire!" (Me with a cigarette in my mouth, haha!)
 
The Photo Of The Day

FB_IMG_1791639375675(1).jpeg

Zapiekanka (a.k.a. Polish Casserole) in Corner Bistro, Warka. I'll have a story to tell (later). When Pawel saw the size, he moaned "it's impossible to have it all!" to which the proprietor Karol smiled: "No soft play with us!" 😃
 
Have a fun ride @Stefan Mikes !🦵⚙️😊
Raining, windy, the temps below 10 C (50 F) yet I had a good time in a group of nine 💙 Still riding home with 12 km to go, expecting 72 miles for the day 🐴🐴🐴

20261010_131110.jpeg

"Alfer's Apple Group Ride"

Three of us had finished the notorious Sudovia Gravel 2025. We are not afraid of a little of rough weather 😊
 
I gave up, you forget how cold cold is.
I do respect your choice and can understand the punishing wind.

Please understand a rider with a lot of experience of riding in the rough weather may have a different mental approach. Just for you to understand, my clothes were:
  • A regular summer cycling jersey
  • A top-end waterproof but breathable windbreaker
  • Long thick bibs
  • Regular socks and FiveTen cycling shoes
  • Warm membrane gloves (an autumn model)
  • A balaclava and a helmet.
FYI, I ride all year long and own proper clothes. The Poland's weather is a way more harsh than the one of England. You guys have no real Winter...

1791656521273.png

Cheers, mate! ❤️
 
Last edited:
Back