2023 Specialized Vado vs 2022 Specialized Vado

Xantari

Region
USA
Has there been any news on when the 2023 Vado's will be coming out and what, if anything is different from the 2022 versions?

I have decided on Vado 4.0 or a 5.0 as my next ebike and want to wait on the 2023 if there are major changes coming.

I'm a fan of the Dilbert cartoon "Change is good, you go first". Just looking at the 2022 models they already have Mastermind and SRAM. Other people have done a lot of the testing for you.

Or if you want a really really too too long seriously TL;DR version of another experience:

Has there been any news on when the 2023 Vado's will be coming out and what, if anything is different from the 2022 versions?

I have decided on Vado 4.0 or a 5.0 as my next ebike and want to wait on the 2023 if there are major changes coming.
I’ve had a Vado 5.0 IGH in order from my local shop since October. Probably won’t see it for a a few more months and was told no change for 2023.

I’ve had a Vado 5.0 IGH in order from my local shop since October. Probably won’t see it for a a few more months and was told no change for 2023.
I wonder if they were referring to feature changes vs price changes. Giant's closest Vado competitor is arguably the Explorer E+ 2 GTS, and it appears to have received a recent price reduction in the U.S. from $3450 to $2900 (a local dealer also referred to this as a price change vs a temporary sale) and the new offerings from Trek like the FX+ and Dual Sport seems to directly highlight the relatively high prices of the Vado SL line (granted the Vado SL is much better equipped bike). I'm wondering if the slowdown in demand and catchup in supply chains might prompt a re-examination of Specialized's pricing for 2023 especially after significant price increases during the pandemic years.

Back