2022 Vado 5 IGH Battery fit loose at top

Silvercat

Hi,
Posted recently that the top of the Vado 5 battery has about 1/2 inch play at the top when installed. One can easily push the top approx 6 inches of the battery in towards the frame. There is about half an inch of movement when one pushes that installed battery in, towards the frame. The connection (electronics) works but certainly unsettling to have that play.
Had a very nice call earlier with Specialized USA. The man who answered has a Vado 5 too. He checked and noticed that ‘play’ in his battery too. He also had a Specialized rep check her battery and she found the same ‘play’ (movement of about 1/2 inch when battery pushed inwards at the top).
So, my question is, does anyone have a Vado 5 model that does NOT have that ‘play’ or movement?
Or, any other Specialized ebike with a similar battery component design where no play or movement is detected.

Seems that riding over rough terrain might cause noise, as well as potential wear and tear, with a battery that might move up and down. Specialized told me some ‘play’ is needed to allow removal of battery, without too much difficulty. Seems odd to me.

Thanks!

Hi,

I got a brand new Vado 5.0 IGH this week. I just went and checked mine, and it doesn't move even a millimeter when it's installed. It's completely solidly locked in.
Not sure if this is perhaps because it's brand new, or if something changed, or if I was just lucky (/you were unlucky).

Hope that helps

Hi,

I got a brand new Vado 5.0 IGH this week. I just went and checked mine, and it doesn't move even a millimeter when it's installed. It's completely solidly locked in.
Not sure if this is perhaps because it's brand new, or if something changed, or if I was just lucky (/you were unlucky).

Hope that helps
Thanks for that info. I plan to check at bike shops in other cities that carry Specialized. When new, I do not recall any movement either.
Have you removed and reinstalled your battery yet?
Thanks again.

Back