2021 Espin Flow has a USB plug on the bottom of the screen

vita10gy

Region
USA
Just putting this out there, hopefully to eventually get picked up by google.

I really wanted this feature, but decided to go with a Flow, which didn't have it on the 2020 option. When they announced we were getting a 2021 one of the first things I went to look for was if a USB port was added. Results were inconclusive to "no it doesn't."

Imagine my surprise today to try to get into the menu by holding M only to see a USB symbol pop up on the screen.

My phone complained that it was "slow charging" but anything is better than nothing. Even just holding serve on the charge level with a GPS app up would be good.

*Presumably this applies to the 2021 Sport too, but obviously I can't confirm that.

Update: The charging is low enough where that with a screen on GPS map/tracker on my S21+ it does not charge enough to maintain battery level, but just about.

I think I lost like 5-10% in 4 hours of riding, but without it I would have lost way way more. Probably just letting the screen be off alone is enough to tip the balance to a trickle charge.

So less than perfect, but way better than nothing. Unless your phone was already super low I'm guessing your bike battery would run out first on any ride long enough that the net loss meant a dead phone.

And actually it might be better anyway, faster charging makes your phone hot, and screen and GPS and maps, etc makes your phone hot, and the 2 might combine to be too hot*.

*Also if your phone is in a position to use the USB port there to charge it's probably mounted and in the sun too.

Last edited:
Back