2021 Creo Road Remote?

The position hidden under the rubber lever hood would be default for me. No sign of the part listed under US/Cdn turbo extras yet but oddly enough it does show up on the Japanese site too. 8800 yen or 110 Cdn

If you’re in the US check with your Spesh dealer. I hear they are back ordered until sometime in November or December.
I've checked with my local Specialized dealer here in Canada but haven't heard back from them yet. Now that my Creo has been stored away in the basement for now, I’m not in any mad rush.

It comprises two buttons - one is up and the other is down. So I have one under each grip.

I went for power down on the left and power up on the right as that seemed logical to me relative to the TDU. The guy who put it in the day before went the other way, which apparently seems more logical to some, LBS tried to explain it, something to do with how you change gears if you have a 2x but I didn't really get it.

If you have big enough hands you might be able to put both on one side, and maybe that is what the other guy did - kind of replicating a front derailer?
I'm curious about the installation. Did your LBS route the wire for the left remote button to the non-drive side port or did they have the cables for both buttons enter exclusively through to the drive side as in the image below? Just wanted to know for my own reference and to make an inquiry to the dealer here with respect to their approach. Also, is there any chance that you could post an image or two showing the configuration of the cables and how they appear on your handlebars? I assume that any cables are concealed until they exit the bar wrap enroute to the port(s). TIA enzeder.
IMG_20201030_0949330.jpg

They wired them so they both went through the port in the left side of the bike.
And yes as you expected wires concealed until the exit the bar wrap

Attachments

• 2020-10-31 08.53.31 (Large).jpg
    2020-10-31 08.53.31 (Large).jpg
    376.7 KB · Views: 799
  • 2020-10-31 08.53.40 (Large).jpg
    2020-10-31 08.53.40 (Large).jpg
    343.5 KB · Views: 700
  • 2020-10-31 08.53.53 (Large).jpg
    2020-10-31 08.53.53 (Large).jpg
    459 KB · Views: 898
Thanks, that helps a lot. I wasn’t entirely certain that all of the cabling would fit through the one port. Does that include the cable for your dropper post? I wonder if one could run the right button lead to the driveside port instead or if that might create more of an issue with the layout of the cable assembly itself. FYI, my Di2 cable is also routed to the left side port so it might be a tight fit. It also appears that the junction box is attached to bottom of your bar or is that for your dropper post?

To be honest I don't know where the LBS put the junction box, I didn't ask when I picked up the bike.

I have three skinny and one thick cable going through the left side port, and one thick cable going through the right port. The right one might be the dropper.

I think what you are saying might be the junction box, is my bell.

Without being able to see the remote kit, I could only make speculations on your install. Your explanation makes it much clearer now. The drive side port is dedicated for the EVO dropper post cable. The junction box for the remote is housed inside the top tube beneath the TCU. The four cables leading into your non-drive side port are for the front brakes, Di2 (which I assume you had installed) and the two remote control leads.

Since my bike isn’t an EVO and I have no plans to add a dropper post, I’ll likely request to have the right remote lead occupy the same port as the D-post and the other cables run into the non-drive side port. Will know for sure when the remotes arrive.

Thanks again enzeder!

I just got back from my LBS where I saw a Creo Expert Evo with these installed. They were installed on top of the bars, exposed, just inboard of the bar tape. They don't have a part number yet. When I get these for my Comp Evo I will install them inboard of the hoods towards the bottom, with the buttons exposed. I plan on removing the dropper post anyway; consequently the left button will have a home.

Mine are on order. I think I might mount them on the curves of the bars, about where my middle and ring fingers rest when I’m on the hoods, if they don’t require too much pressure to depress. Else inboard on the hoods close to the bars

There are sure to be a variety of chosen locations for the remotes as I've already discovered in this thread. Obviously, it will come down to hand/digit size and reach and where we predominantly place our mitts on the bars. I think this is a job that I might tackle on my own particularly now that snow, once again, is in the forecast. Anyone else contemplating this DIY?

Last edited:
I took delivery of a pair of remotes today for the bikes. Since our Creos are not EVOs (sans dropper posts), I may have to modify the drive side port if I opted to route one or both remote cables on that side. There is mention of a supplied port to replace the existing blank version but I could find no details on that part.
IMG_20201123_1153554.jpg

I obtained the remotes from Bikeinn after not hearing back from my LBS. It took around two weeks from the time of dispatch from NL to arrival at my doorstep. I've ordered from them before so I expected similar results with delivery time. Shipping cost to Canada was $17 Cdn or around $14 US. I tested the remotes out by plugging the cables into the junction box and the TCU beforehand. Works like a charm. I also plan on replacing the stock wrap with Supakaz Kush wrap.

Hope that helps. :)

Last edited:
Argh Bikeinn won’t ship them to US!
Sorry to hear that. Did they provide a reason as to why they wouldn't ship? Hopefully you won't have to wait much longer for your LBS to get them in. I've tossed out my initial plan to place the remotes under the rubber hood covers as the Di2 junction box and wiring at both lever locations is in the way. I'm now moving onto plan B and may adopt your suggestion of mounting them near the center point of the bar curve but will likely leave the buttons exposed. I'll do a mock up before making a final decision.

Sorry to hear that. Did they provide a reason as to why they wouldn't ship? Hopefully you won't have to wait much longer for your LBS to get them in. I've tossed out my initial plan to place the remotes under the rubber hood covers as the Di2 junction box and wiring at both lever locations is in the way. I'm now moving onto plan B and may adopt your suggestion of mounting them near the center point of the bar curve but will likely leave the buttons exposed. I'll do a mock up before making a final decision.
Yes if I had the fortunate situation of getting to place the buttons I think I would put them about the end of my middle finger on the curve of the bar if the buttons are exposed and not too hard to press. No, BikeInn just says cannot ship outside the US for that part. Mike’s Bikes does not list this part on their website. Found another site that would only ship within Australia.

Back