Turbo Levo Comp Alloy - mastermind?

warthor

Region
USA
Does the Turbo Levo Comp Alloy have mastermind? I am asking because the specifications don't seem to indicate that it does, but if you look farther down the webpage it specifically states "mastermind" (under the heading "intelligent range").

Under specifications it states "Specialized TCU, 10-LED State of charge, 3-LED Ride Mode display, ANT+/Bluetooth®, w/Handlebar remote"

I had my mind set on getting a Vado 5.0 IGH, but those plans have been cancelled for the moment so I am exploring other Specialized bikes.

Under specifications it states "Specialized TCU, 10-LED State of charge, 3-LED Ride Mode display, ANT+/Bluetooth®, w/Handlebar remote"
This is the Gen 1 TCU (non-Mastermind).

I had my mind set on getting a Vado 5.0 IGH, but those plans have been cancelled for the moment so I am exploring other Specialized bikes.
I need to warn you: If you considered a Vado 5.0 IGH then the Levo will not be the right e-bike for you. It is a purely technical singletrack Trail e-MTB. You would hate it in the city. If you just consider a full suspension all-rounder, please think of a Tero X.

This is the Gen 1 TCU (non-Mastermind).

I need to warn you: If you considered a Vado 5.0 IGH then the Levo will not be the right e-bike for you. It is a purely technical singletrack Trail e-MTB. You would hate it in the city. If you just consider a full suspension all-rounder, please think of a Tero X.
Thanks for your response and help, and for clarifying the lack of Mastermind software/hardware. I was looking at the wrong bike by the sound of it. I will see if I can find any deals on the Tero X this season. Otherwise I will probably be waiting until bikes go on sale next season and I can get Vado 5.0 IGH I was originally hoping for.

@warthor I responded on the other thread when you were looking at the "base" model Turbo Levo. In all cases, whether it be Turbo Vado / Tero / Tero X, Levo, whatever it is, the one thing I can recommend is it's worth getting the right bike and model level for you when you are paying this much. Doing the extra research and homework (as you are) will pay off handily. It took me a year on/off of demo rides on different brands, makes, models to decide it all came down to what would I use the bike for 80% or time or more. Best of Luck.

I bought a Tero 3 (hardtail) about a year ago and quickly traded it for a Tero X4. The X4 is so much nicer with the rear suspension and it is a very versatile bike able to tackle most types of riding, and it even does pretty well on single track. Since I ride a lot of single track, I then also bought a Levo comp alloy, (I still have the Tero as well). The Levo is better off road than the Tero but that is to be expected. If you want a bike that will do everything pretty well, get a Tero X, you won't be sorry getting the full suspension over the Vado. I've seen the X4's discounted to I think $3,250. If you can see your way into a Tero X5, I think that's the sweet spot for the Tero as it has the 70 NM motor and the 710 watt battery and a bit better components. Frankly the 50 NM motor in the X4 is perfectly adequate IMO but the bigger battery in the X5 is really nice to have if you ride a lot. Good luck in your search

Back