2021 Creo Road Remote?

Hi, there is a revised port that accepts the dropper cable and the 2 button cables
It was previously a pain to look down but in my view the main benefit is the now sequential up and down of the assistance and in fact my battery consumption has improved as I now ride mainly on level 1 as it is so easy to flip up and down as previously I rode on level 2
Do you happen to know the P/N? Thanks

I am looking for this handlebar remote switch/buttons. I know some of you have installed this part and maybe went in another direction. I want to try flat bars on my Creo and need one of these. Not in stock anywhere:

Specialized Levo FSR Top Tube Display Remote​

Like this:

I am looking for this handlebar remote switch/buttons. I know some of you have installed this part and maybe went in another direction. I want to try flat bars on my Creo and need one of these. Not in stock anywhere:

Specialized Levo FSR Top Tube Display Remote​

Like this:

I've gone with the Creo ones in the following link. My Google search actually turned up MY own post asking about these. I've now had them installed for about three rides. Mine are installed along the bottom of the flat part (of a drop handlebar) not far from the stem. So they could be installed in a flat bar. And my bar is not empty. I've got a bell and mounts for the Specialized display as well as my Garmin Edge. I also have a small handlebar bag. They are obviously more subtle than the one you asked about and are TWO buttons (my left lowers power, right raises power). These were also out-of-stock for a while, so be persistent and keep looking.

Oh, the link for the Creo version:

Last edited:
If you are using flat bars the Levo FSR Top Tube display switch used on the Levo and Creo SL models is a lot more convenient. I am looking for one to try the Di2 modification instead of the two separate switches I have now. I may borrow it from my currently unused Vado SL and wait for a replacement to get back in stock.

If you are using flat bars the Levo FSR Top Tube display switch used on the Levo and Creo SL models is a lot more convenient. I am looking for one to try the Di2 modification instead of the two separate switches I have now. I may borrow it from my currently unused Vado SL and wait for a replacement to get back in stock.
I just had remote buttons installed on Creo Carbon Carbon and am relatively pleased with the aesthetics and function. Kudos to Cadence Cycling in Philadelphia. The lighting makes the shifter on the right a little difficult to see but the tape is wrapped over a minimalist bulge. I have a Garmin Edge remote on the right shifter and the Creo remote is actually fixed between the upper and lower bands. The install is better visualized on the left shifter. I have some concerns about wear of the bar tape over the buttons, however I usually leave the power setting in ECO or off and don't "shift" that often so I think wear will be minimal. The other gain I hope to obtain with the buttons is the ability to obtain power data while the motor is on but assist is off. IMG-0600.jpgIMG-0601.jpg

It shouldn't be any different from the Levo remote. The TCU will have a vacant female plug and it's simply a matter of plugging in the junction box/remote connector. Just make sure that you have the +/- buttons on the corresponding bar locations where you want them placed as the cable themselves have no visible markings to indicate this. ie + button increases support, - button decreases support. The connectors to the junction box need to be seated all the way in until you can hear a distinct click. If they are not fully inserted the remotes won't work. There is plenty of excess cable along with the junction box and connectors all which require care when it comes to storing them inside the frame.

If you own an EVO you are already a step ahead of those of us who have non-EVO versions as the appropriate ICR port is already in place. From what I understand, new MY Creos will come shipped with a parts box supplied with a replacement port. It's plausible to think that some shops have simply gone ahead and routed all cables through to the non-drive side since early models would have been shipped with just blank versions of the ports. I'm not even aware if they are available yet so it's prudent to check with your own Specialized dealer. Part # for the replacement ICR port is S196500006.
View attachment 73133
I just bought a new, 2021 Turbo Creo and Turbo Remote kit. I can confirm that the parts supplied with the bike included an S196500006 which is referenced, but not included in the Turbo Remote kit.

Lotta' good info on this forum, thanks to you all!

Guys, if I install the remote kit on my creo, can I still install the derestricted unlock chip?
Isn't it the remote kit and the unlock ship plug the same port under the tcu?

Guys, if I install the remote kit on my creo, can I still install the derestricted unlock chip?
I don't know the answer but have a question. In the US what does the derestrict option buy you? Faster than 28?

Hi, I think it will be ok as you unplug the cable that goes down to the motor and plug that cable into the deregulatory then plug the cable from the deregulatory into the vacant port
At present I am on my second Planet 3 which is a mechanical interruption but when that packs up as it will I will purchase a Levociraptor gen 2 so l will be faced with the issue that you ask about

Hi, I think it will be ok as you unplug the cable that goes down to the motor and plug that cable into the deregulatory then plug the cable from the deregulatory into the vacant port
At present I am on my second Planet 3 which is a mechanical interruption but when that packs up as it will I will purchase a Levociraptor gen 2 so l will be faced with the issue that you ask about
Thanks for the input MikeSL1..

How did Planet 3 performs?

My Creo is both derestricted (I am in UK with 15.5 mph limit) and remote option. There are two connections from TCU, one to motor where chip plugs in and one for remote.

Back