2021 Creo Road Remote?

sapidus

Hoping someone (a dealer, perhaps) can clarify.

I was browsing the specs for the 2021 Creo SL Expert and noticed a change for the TCU:

Specialized TCU, 10-LED State of charge, 3-LED Ride Mode display, ANT+/Bluetooth®, Road Remote

What's different from the 2020 models (as far as I can tell) is the addition of the Road Remote. Any idea what this is?

in a new Creo ad that came to my email today the copy mentions new bar mounted mode buttons. however on the actual updated website i found no additional information but i do believe the option is coming and will be able to be installed on existing bikes. hope so cuz changing modes via the top tube buttons is really fiddly.

My dealer says "Hey, according to Specialized, it will work on your Creo. I don't have pricing on it yet because they haven't finalized it. Supposedly available next month at some point."

my local Specialized dealer sent me a very informative PDF showing how all cable and wires are run in the Creo. On page 8 there is definite proof that remote buttons are here or are coming. Not much other info but looks like not a single module on the bars, but rather the availability of 2 blip buttons that will control different functions. Or maybe just mode up and down?

I tried to post the full PDF but the file is too big for this forum software.

My wife and I just bought 2021 EVO Creos (S Works and Expert) both come with remote buttons on the bars. They're really nice, I wasn't familiar with the previous models, but the dealer said they were new as of 3 weeks ago.

my local Specialized dealer sent me a very informative PDF showing how all cable and wires are run in the Creo. On page 8 there is definite proof that remote buttons are here or are coming. Not much other info but looks like not a single module on the bars, but rather the availability of 2 blip buttons that will control different functions. Or maybe just mode up and down?

I tried to post the full PDF but the file is too big for this forum software.
Eddie,

I’d be interested in the PDF if you have a way to share.

My wife and I just bought 2021 EVO Creos (S Works and Expert) both come with remote buttons on the bars. They're really nice, I wasn't familiar with the previous models, but the dealer said they were new as of 3 weeks ago.
what do the buttons do?

not sure how to do that.
are you in the U.S. or someplace else in the world? my California major Specialized dealer has not heard of bikes delivered with remote buttons installed.

not sure how to do that.

are you in the U.S. or someplace else in the world? my California major Specialized dealer has not heard of bikes delivered with remote buttons installed.
I'm in North Carolina. I had to special order them. Took about 5 days.

The buttons are too small to see (they're under the handlebar tape). Here's a bad picture of the bikes in the garage. It was pouring rain when I took and my garage is overflowing. Sorry I have nothing better.
TG1A3956.jpg

Yes, if you could post pictures of you pointing to the location of the control buttons on each bar. Are they in the front of the bar, bottom of the bar, near the hoods, in the middle, or near the stem. I wonder if there is enough slack wire to allow the owner to unwrap the bar and move the buttons to their preferred location.

diagrams suggest there will be one separate wire for each blip connected to a small junction box mounted in the space near the tcu. within reason you will be able to mount anywhere on your bars on top or under tape.

It's the bump, not much to see. Again they work great, can't imagine going without them. In case it's not obvious that's the inside of the bar, I switch modes using my thumbs.
IMG_1129.jpg

Hmm, the specs on the E5 (alloy model) don't show the remote in the Canadian site specs. However I did notice that they're now speccing Future Shock 2.0 and 105 disc brakes. Of course the disclaimer is there "Specifications are subject to change without notice". Guess I'll just have to wait and see what arrives, my LBS is saying late November for mine.

Back