2020 Trance +2Pro - Battery Calamities.

Evolution Stu

Hi folks,
New member here so might as well start with a decent one.

I am no stranger to these bikes, had a 2019 that I had to reject with GIANT whom to their credit, swopped me over to this one in Feb this year.

Since Feb I have done around 1100miles on this one with no real problems bar a new speed sensor and new controller (kind of impressive that this garbage engineering Of GIANTS has me reporting two failures as almost trouble free motoring. Lol)

Then, this happened...

So...
I already made the two hour round trip to the LBS with my bike and batteries. The bike performed faultlessly there on my battery after its trip on the bike rack. (Loose connection inside?)

They ran diagnostics etc and of course they all passed. The video has gone to Giant to ask their advice. Not much more they can do to be fair. 🤷‍♂️

For now I am trying to find that new 625WH battery somewhere in stock in the U.K.

I fancied a spare anyway so this is just pushing my decision forward.

For reference.
The “faulty” battery operated Steves bike perfectly, and then once placed back in my bike... mine was riding fine again too.

Until it broke again yesterday and I’ve no mates batteries to try!!

Crappy situation! 🙄

At least this one has only broken twice in 4 months.

The last one broke every week For months, and I had to force a rejection of the whole bike. That’s how I ended up with this broken bike... :(

Hi Stu we are having exactly the same issue on wifes Embolden, less than a week old and three small ish rides, in wet loam tracks.
How did the dealer deal with the issue as we got hers from Bristol and a 250 mile round trip. Not too impressed with it really.
Quick google and sees to be a recurring issue with these bikes.

Back