2015 Izip Dash vs 2016 Juiced CrossCurrent

Denverthane

Has anyone ridden both of these 28 mph bikes? Any thoughts on which to choose: a close out price on a 2015 Dash, with 500w gearless hub motor and 8.7 ah battery vs 2016 CrossCurrent, with 350w geared hub motor and 10.4 ah battery, for about the same price?

If you're looking for a speedy bike that still does hills well then go with the Dash; it's a larger motor whether its geared or non-geared so is going to produce more power, thus struggle less on hills. Both appear to have 48V batteries, so unless you can get the Juiced with the 48V 24ah battery at that price, the Dash will be the more powerful bike.

If you're looking for a speedy bike that still does hills well then go with the Dash; it's a larger motor whether its geared or non-geared so is going to produce more power, thus struggle less on hills. Both appear to have 48V batteries, so unless you can get the Juiced with the 48V 24ah battery at that price, the Dash will be the more powerful bike.

Thanks for the response; correct, both are 48 volt batteries. Any idea if Izip will be introducing a larger capacity battery for the Dash? Being around 6'1 and 195 lbs, I like the larger motor on the Dash, but would really like to have a larger capacity battery. One nice thing about the CrossCurrent is the future option (projected to be available next fall) of the 24 ah battery, which would provide incredible range.

Not sure on that but we have customers who are always looking for more power and more range, so I'll see what the IZip folks have to say about higher amp hour batteries.

will the 500w motor use power faster than the 350w? and would the 350w have more range than the 500w with the same batteries?

It all depends, @EasyMotion Rider ! If you're using the throttle a lot or always sitting in the highest level of assist, you might use more power with the 500 watt motor. However, consider this: the 500watt motor will not be strained to max on hills the same way that the smaller 350 watt geared motor would. So range is one of those relative factors that is highly dependent upon the rider and terrain.

It all depends, @EasyMotion Rider ! If you're using the throttle a lot or always sitting in the highest level of assist, you might use more power with the 500 watt motor. However, consider this: the 500watt motor will not be strained to max on hills the same way that the smaller 350 watt geared motor would. So range is one of those relative factors that is highly dependent upon the rider and terrain.
the larger motor being able to operate with less strain and heat is what i need, i sold my evo that had a 250 watt motor because it would over heat very easily climbing hills even in the lowest power mode. i am considering a used strommer st1 500 watt motor and 12 ah battery, i think this will be enough to go up my hills without walking, and affordable.

A 350w geared motor will be plenty for you, except if you have a lot of hills to climb.. The cross current is geared for speed not torque. And the larger battery coupled with a smaller motor will give you better range.

Geared hubs handle hills a lot better than gearless. Confused by the advise here, though he/she didn't ask about hills. Gearless use more power and get hot climbing. Not the choice for hills.

A 350w geared motor will be plenty for you, except if you have a lot of hills to climb.. The cross current is geared for speed not torque. And the larger battery coupled with a smaller motor will give you better range.
i will wait for them to put the 500 watt motor on the cc (hopefully) then the hills would not be an issue. in the mean time i am seriously looking for an new (to me) bike to ride. can't afford brand new hoping to find a year old S pedelec mid drive at a price i can afford

Has anyone ridden both of these 28 mph bikes? Any thoughts on which to choose: a close out price on a 2015 Dash, with 500w gearless hub motor and 8.7 ah battery vs 2016 CrossCurrent, with 350w geared hub motor and 10.4 ah battery, for about the same price?
I've ridden both. They're both really nice. I'd probably take the Cross Current over the Dash for the sole reason the Cross Current has hydraulic disc brakes. The Dash does not, and cable disc brakes are dangerous IMO.

Hi Mr. HaveBlue, I am not trying to wise, just asking why you thing cable disc brakes are dangerous ?
I am new to bicycles with disc breaks. The GenZe 101 sport that I have had for 8 months now is the only bike I have had with discs on it. Except for motorcycles.
I like the cable disc brakes very much, no fluid leaks on the pads that will ruin then, To worry about. And these bikes are not 300+lbs. going 60+ mph.
Keep looking up! Ken.

I'm pretty new to bicycle disc brakes too Ken. I changed my rear pads today. They were down to about 1/16 in. Real easy after watching you-tube video by Magura. I ordered some Swiss Stop pads . They are supposed to be really nice . Amazing how that small pad stops a 60 lb. ebike so easy. I have hydraulic. Enjoy your disc brakes.

HaveBlue, I thought hydraulic was the magic word for brakes but it is not enough. This article and especially the video at the top http://www.bikemag.com/gear/components/brakes/blueprint-sram-guide-brakes/#8ogy8Pu4UhCyg7tp.97 show a case where SRAM tried to make some nice light weight hydraulic brakes. In the end the largest bike dealer in America was replacing SRAM brakes with Shimano and SRAM was sending the dealer SRAM chains to pay for the process. Watch the video all the way through. It is a long term review of the SRAM Guide hydralic disk brakes and they are excellent. I have read reports of people not bleeding them and the brakes not having problems even with air bubbles. Maintenance free except for the pads.

Back