1Up Super Duty Single

mbritt

After looking at all the heavy e-bike hitch rack choices I ended up going with a 1Up 2″ Super Duty Single for bikes up to 75lbs. It seems really well built and comes with a lifetime warranty. It also has one of the lowest profiles out there which is important because I have two large dogs that use folding stairs out the tailgate so it needs to be able to clear the rack on the Subaru Forrester. It also doesn't bounce around a lot and it's easy to load/unload. I was going to add one of the Kuat Pivot Swing Away Extensions to it but after installing it, I think I'll just take the bike off when we travel with the dogs and need to open the tailgate. Due to the design I'll have to modify the fenders but that shouldn't be a big deal. Also, when I take my bike somewhere on the car it will probably be a beach and or dirt trail so fenders won't be needed.

Attachments

• IMG_1047.JPG
    IMG_1047.JPG
    3.9 MB · Views: 3,820
  • IMG_1050.JPG
    IMG_1050.JPG
    3.7 MB · Views: 3,524
  • IMG_1052.JPG
    IMG_1052.JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 2,649
I see a lot of 1UP racks in my area and it is probably one of the top racks I've seen for smaller vehicles.

1Up was my first choice of platform rack when I purchased my two Radrovers back in 2016. I needed the option to carry up to 4 bikes and the 1Up got pretty expensive once I started adding the extra platform racks.

Would be nice if 1UP made some kind of ramp that would facilitate with loading and unloading heavy E-bikes. Save your back a bit on those heavy lifts...
One of my absolute favorite racks currently out on the market.

Would be nice if 1UP made some kind of ramp that would facilitate with loading and unloading heavy E-bikes. Save your back a bit on those heavy lifts...
One of my absolute favorite racks currently out on the market.
I read somewhere that they could incorporate a ramp if you ordered it with the rack. I just take the battery off when it’s going on the rack and do one tire at a time. So far so good

Bringing an old thread back to lift- anyone have one with the add on ramp? How does it work, do you like it?

I noticed they have a few ways to make them work with fenders on the website. A pad, a wheel stop so it appears it can.

Back