'16 Dash Assist Issues

ArmyHokie

On six occasions now my '16 Dash would not go into an assist level higher than 1. It will allow me to switch to zero, then back to 1, or turn off; but not to 2 or higher. I try cycling the display on/off and removing/reinstalling the battery. A couple times I moved the display back and forth and that seemed to cure it, which makes me think it is a loose wire somewhere in the loom. Anyone else had this problem? It is really frustrating to hop on you bike after work to learn that you will pedalling 8 miles uphill on assist level 1. This is the second major problem I've had with this bike. The first is that the boost button does not work. Their tech sent me some troubleshooting materials, but I don't have time. Should I just send it back and buy a different brand? Anyone have a similar bike (mid-drive speed pedelec commuter) that's been bulletproof? Thanks.

I have the 2015, so I have a throttle vs a boost control. As to my power levels, I have not had any electronic issues in 3,000 miles. Sorry to hear you are. I am assuming you did not get it from a local bike shop. Having had support issues with previous bikes I select ones that my dealer supports. Helps me deal with these issues.

My LBS sold out of the '16s before I was in the market, then dropped IZIP altogether. Now they just sell ebikes from the traditional/name brand manufacturers that they already carried. I bought from Wheel World and built it myself after none of the LBSs or chains could meet my timeline. That's the risk I took. Just wish this rig was more reliable.

Well I owned a Stromer, the bastion of reliability. The battery died at 60 miles. My lbs did not sell them and I went to another shop in Dallas that did. They did not know me and did little to advocate for me. I called the manufacturer and got it resolved. As a result I am reluctant to own anything my regular lbs does not support. But my 2015 Dash has 3000 miles on it. I sold my 2014 Dash when it had 2000 miles.

I bit the bullet and removed the back panel of the display. Maybe 20 wires going through the cable, each with a plastic connection into the display. Nothing looked out of place, but I pushed each one in a bit. Reassembled and now the power assists works as it should, but boost button is still inop.

I have the same exact bike, and just today the same exact thing happened to me.
I am not stuck on assist level 1 and had to pedal all the way back uphill home on assist level 1.
Still better than nothing, but I would like to have my other assist levels available.
Post if you resolve your problems, as I would like to fix mine also.

I have the same exact bike, and just today the same exact thing happened to me.
I am not stuck on assist level 1 and had to pedal all the way back uphill home on assist level 1.
Still better than nothing, but I would like to have my other assist levels available.
Post if you resolve your problems, as I would like to fix mine also.
My problem has been resolved since I pulled the back panel off and pushed in all of the connectors.

Back