10000 km on my peak..

oren8714

Hello experts. I just passed 10K km on my magnum peak and wanted to know how long my motor can go? Is there any special maintenance I need to do for the motor? Any suggestion?

Attachments

• 20210427_162928.jpg
    20210427_162928.jpg
    149.5 KB · Views: 255
Nice! I have an NCM Moscow+ that I just got, maybe 1000km so far. But we have an Amego Elevate with 4400km on it and working well. I hope I get to 10,000 on my bikes!

As for maintenance:
- At 10k you owe it a chain and maybe a freewheel
- Brake pads
- Might be worth a deluxe bike store tuneup

Tuneup would cover trueing your wheel, lubing all the cables, replacing and worn cables, etc. It's like $69 peace of mind in my opinion. I do most of my own bike maintenance but a tuneup every couple years has been good for catching the stuff I overlook.

thanks all. so for the maintenance , I am replacing all of the mention less than once in a year, break pad, freewheel, all of that get bad and I am replacing it frequently .
all other simple maintenance I am doing myself.
about the "bearings need checked " what bearing you mean ? for the wheel? front/rear?BB ?
my question was for something bigger , for example the motor , I think it start to be a bit noisy and I would like to open it and add grease, but I have no idea what type of grease it should be ?

thanks all. so for the maintenance , I am replacing all of the mention less than once in a year, break pad, freewheel, all of that get bad and I am replacing it frequently .
all other simple maintenance I am doing myself.
about the "bearings need checked " what bearing you mean ? for the wheel? front/rear?BB ?
my question was for something bigger , for example the motor , I think it start to be a bit noisy and I would like to open it and add grease, but I have no idea what type of grease it should be ?

I have no direct experience but I would not attempt to open that motor unless it failed, I've never seen anyone recommend any sort of maintenance on the motor internally. It is a geared hub motor so there are planetary gears in there that will need lubricant, but IF they are like a drill gearbox they are basically as close to sealed as possible and the lubricant stays with the gears and must be engineered for long life. If you do open the motor please, please, please snap some pics for us! :)

Back