'Zen Skunkworks' - a new model in the development

but isn't this design essentially a single pivot, meaning there isn't really a way to control the leverage curve?

Single pivots designs are low-maintenance and often more than enough for light off-road. You need horst-link or multi-pivot for eMTBs.
You may also notice, R&M have this single pivot design on their Superdelite, Load and a few other models.
The bike we are developing is more for urban usage (read potholes etc.) than MTB setting and using a MTB-suspension design makes it more expensive and most often such a design is wasted because people don't really make use of it.

Single pivots designs are low-maintenance and often more than enough for light off-road. You need horst-link or multi-pivot for eMTBs.
You may also notice, R&M have this single pivot design on their Superdelite, Load and a few other models.
The bike we are developing is more for urban usage (read potholes etc.) than MTB setting and using a MTB-suspension design makes it more expensive and most often such a design is wasted because people don't really make use of it.
Single pivot good in most cases.

This bike is getting ready for production at the factory.
Please note, the production version will our own BMS that improves the battery lifetime and the battery capacity is 52V, 20Ah.
Motor: 500W Nominal, 750W peak mid-motor with 120Nm rated torque.

Other features:
  1. A throttle (very important for a lot of people)
  2. Integrated lights (1000 lumen front, rear light) and rear rack.
  3. Longer fenders, slightly curved handlebars,
  4. suspension seatpost and the gusset near the motor would be nicer looking.

1680893848800.jpeg

What do you guys think of this suspended rear rack design? of course the fenders would be added for urban usage.
Any thoughts on suspended vs un-suspended designs?

View attachment 150857
Super interested in this step thru design.
I have been waiting for one like it for my wife for a long time...

Would be fantastic if you could offer a Kindernay VII option for it :)

• Can you tell us what frame sizes would be available, and what the lowest seat height would be on the smallest frame size (ground to top of seat in lowest position).
  • How likely is that to be available, when and at what price point?

Thank you !

Would be fantastic if you could offer a Kindernay VII option for it

We can offer it with the German 3X3 hub. We understand the Ultra motor has a lot of power and 3x3 hub is designed to take 250Nm of torque and in the long-run, it will be a better choice.

A few sample bikes are arriving first week of May here in Canada. We will have the suspended design frames sometime in June. As of now, we have only size.
Let me know if you are very interested and we can update you as get closer to production.

Our Samurai bike production is happening in Canada but we had a client who wanted some folding bikes and about 50 folding bikes are going to a customer in Atlantic Canada. These bikes are custom built for them in Asia.

1680921246117.png

We can offer it with the German 3X3 hub. We understand the Ultra motor has a lot of power and 3x3 hub is designed to take 250Nm of torque and in the long-run, it will be a better choice.

A few sample bikes are arriving first week of May here in Canada. We will have the suspended design frames sometime in June. As of now, we have only size.
Let me know if you are very interested and we can update you as get closer to production.
Please keep me posted on all available details, I am indeed VERY interested. You can PM me and I can give you my email

Ravi, will the 3X3 NINE hub be offered on both bikes (smaller motor and Ultra motor)?
If it will be offered on the smaller motor bike I'd be interested in that hub over the Envoilo.

Got my attention too! I am interested in above avg power in a RELIABLE package. I have not had good luck with Kindernay and Bafang and support. I am waiting to go from NYC to Niagara Falls but don’t trust any bike I have but my underpowered Bosch motor on my Trek, really like the bike just need more power for my legs. I would like a belt too! High end components….bliss!

Throw in an adjustable torque sensor …beyond bliss :)

“Take my money”

Please note, the production version will our own BMS that improves the battery lifetime and the battery capacity is 52V, 20Ah.

Other features:

your 3D modeler needs to make sure his spokes connect to the rim! 😅

nice render otherwise 😇

your 3D modeler needs to make sure his spokes connect to the rim! 😅

nice render otherwise 😇

Not sure if you are familiar with these wheels, the spokes connect to the rim using spoke nipple and they are mostly white in color and the spoke nipples are already included in the 3D render and that's why it looks like there is a small disconnect.

1681016317305.png

1681016332489.png

are the folding bikes going to be available? can we see pics, specs of those?

This was a specific request from a client.
The nice thing is it comes with a fine-tuned torque sensor, 36V,14ah battery pack and all the accessories like racks, fenders, lights. On the chainstay, you will see, Powered by Zen.
Priced at $ 1450 USD because there is a dealer network to offer service and support in Atlantic Canada.

1681016470021.png

Our Samurai bike production is happening in Canada but we had a client who wanted some folding bikes and about 50 folding bikes are going to a customer in Atlantic Canada. These bikes are custom built for them in Asia.

View attachment 151318
That's a nice packaging job: double stitched, snug strapping, and inserts so the handles are functional instead of being a failure point.

all of these look great

when will the specs like weight etc be on the website?

what size tires are on the fs step through?

What do you guys think of this suspended rear rack design? of course the fenders would be added for urban usage.
Any thoughts on suspended vs un-suspended designs?

View attachment 150857
Nice work Ravi... I like it attached as shown.
Can it sit a little lower with the platform just above the rear travel limit?
Will the fender attachment be to the rack or frame?
And now the laundry. . .
Will the Ultra be UART or CANBUS?
Will there be a choice of display? I'm partial to the 860. If so would it be fully functional and communicate with the BMS for battery stats?
Weight?
Projected availability?
Projected price?
And on an industry level.. are there any suspensions components geared towards ride quality rather than performance? Shocks for a luxury car dampen differently than those of a sports car... Though my Vette does have selective magnetic ride control... maybe you can implement that technology 🙃
Thanks again... I've been looking for an alternative to the Frey CC and would appreciate being able to support North America..and more so you, your contributions and Zen (notwithstanding the Ultra)

Last edited:
all of these look great

when will the specs like weight etc be on the website?

what size tires are on the fs step through?
hey there you are! for a minute i thought you were off the reservation!

Other features:

View attachment 151294
Curious as to whether you needed to change anything to run 52 volts through (what appears to be) the Ananda M100 motor?

Thanks in advance.

Back