Zen Samurai - Built in Canada - shipping since June 2022

A draft of the rider size chart is updated and will go on the website shortly.
Because of the adjustable stem, rider fit (some people have long torso etc.) there might be a small variation but otherwise, this chart would be helpful for prospective Samurai riders.
If someone is on the border of two sizes, we recommend the smaller size of the two, because adjustable stem + suspension seatpost can be tuned to fit a slightly larger rider.
@coldriderwi, you may find this chart useful.

View attachment 116416
So at 6' with a 34" inseam, I should go with the large, right? I super excited @Ravi Kempaiah and can't wait for the Salesforce ordering platform to be finalized so that we can complete the specifications!

Hi, @Ravi Kempaiah, just a couple of unanswered questions before I pull the trigger:
  1. Maximum length from seat (at its lowest height) to pedal (at its lowest height) for a Medium size? (Taking into account my inseam of less than 30", I'm still concerned of fit.)
  2. Weight of Premium model?
Thank you for your patience. I'm almost there!

Hi, @Ravi Kempaiah, just a couple of unanswered questions before I pull the trigger:
  1. Maximum length from seat (at its lowest height) to pedal (at its lowest height) for a Medium size? (Taking into account my inseam of less than 30", I'm still concerned of fit.)
  2. Weight of Premium model?
Thank you for your patience. I'm almost there!

1. 28" with a regular seatpost and 31" with Kinekt seatpost using 170mm cranks.
    We have both 165mm and 170mm crank arms and we could use 165mm cranks to make it easier.
    Most people ride with shoes of some kind, so you get an additional 1" from there.
  2. The weight of the premium model with Dual battery + Kindernay + Kinekt for a medium is ~63 lbs

1. 28" with a regular seatpost and 31" with Kinekt seatpost using 170mm cranks.
    We have both 165mm and 170mm crank arms and we could use 165mm cranks to make it easier.
    Most people ride with shoes of some kind, so you get an additional 1" from there.
  2. The weight of the premium model with Dual battery + Kindernay + Kinekt for a medium is ~63 lbs
Ah, that was my fear. On a good day I may have an inseam of 31" with shoes. For the Medium with Kinekt, my leg would be completely straight (w/o any bend) at its fullest extension with the pedal furthest away. 😢

Ah, that was my fear. On a good day I may have an inseam of 31" with shoes. For the Medium with Kinekt, my leg would be completely straight (w/o any bend) at its fullest extension with the pedal furthest away. 😢

Small frame would be an option.

Our early-bird pricing is valid until the end of day tomorrow. A littlebit of research will confirm that pre-order pricing is an absolute steal for the quality that is being offered.

Thanks to those who have already placed their orders.

1647302987788.png

Quick update:
Frames and shipping boxes are ready at our factory in Taiwan.
The real pain point has been finding a vessel that would bring both of them in time here for production. We are working with UPS and a few other logisitcs companies and whoever brings those frames/boxes here quickly, will get our full order/payment. Will keep you guys updated.

1648777560118.png

Hi @Ravi Kempaiah. Any update on the shipping status of the frames? My read of your post on 31 March is that you've got almost all of the components necessary to start the build production, except the frames. Is that accurate?

Also, where are you with the Salesforce ordering platform? I'm eager to create my build order with Zen!

Hi @Ravi Kempaiah. Any update on the shipping status of the frames? My read of your post on 31 March is that you've got almost all of the components necessary to start the build production, except the frames. Is that accurate?

Also, where are you with the Salesforce ordering platform? I'm eager to create my build order with Zen!

Thanks for this note.
Our frames and shipping boxes have been ready for a week, as you can see from pics below.
The covid outbreak in Shanghai has had rippling effects in Taiwan and we are facing long delays in cargo ship availability.
As soon as the frames arrive, we would be able to start the assembly based on the production schedule.
We have all the components except the frames.
Brakes and suspension arrived a month ago
Tires and Wheels are ready
Lights arrived 2 months ago
Saddles, grips, handlebar, stem arrived 2 weeks ago

We are also moving to our larger production facility at the end of the month. Will keep you guys updates as soon as we receive the frames.

1649382573698.png

1649382472522.png

1. While our shipment is waiting at the Taiwan port, we are assessing various options.
    We are exploring air-shipment for 8-10 frames and I will reach out to each and every pre-order customer on the list to get their feedback.
    This way, we can start building bikes in May and meet our target.
  2. Upgrade options like Supernova, Nyon, kinekt seatpost etc will also be discussed and fed into our CRM system.
  3. We are moving to our production facility end of this week. There are multiple, large industrial bays and we will be occupying one of them.
    The building can be seen below. Happy to host if any of the EBR folks wants to visit us.

1650939414335.png

I have reached out to a few folks and scheduled calls.
I am yet to reach out to many others. Looks like it will be a scheduling challenge with so many people in different time zones. I hope pre-order folks don't mind me calling them this weekend.

No online configurator yet, @Ravi Kempaiah?

We have had many requests for upgrades: Nyon, Kinekt seatpost, Tires, Brakes, Lights, Dual battery, etc. At that point, it would be quite challenging to build a precise online configurator as the permutation and combination can be quite complex.
We are trying to make it as simple and painless as possible. Also, calling our pre-order customers and keeping them abreast of all the developments is something we take seriously :)

@Ravi Kempaiah thanks for the chat yesterday. I'm really pleased that you're taking a methodical and realistic approach to the Samurai builds. Looking forward to more updates on the shipping of the frames and seeing some build pictures! But the super exciting thing will be to see the results of EBR coming to visit the factory and test the bikes. This is the way to build a sustainable brand.

@Ravi Kempaiah thanks for the chat yesterday. I'm really pleased that you're taking a methodical and realistic approach to the Samurai builds. Looking forward to more updates on the shipping of the frames and seeing some build pictures! But the super exciting thing will be to see the results of EBR coming to visit the factory and test the bikes. This is the way to build a sustainable brand.
The most in exciting new OEM I’ve seen in a decade.

Back