Zen Samurai - Built in Canada - shipping since June 2022

Hmm, I see. I quite like the tilted motor mount of the bottom bike. Any reason for the move away from that?
We had to make room for the dual battery configuration in the front triangle.
The tilted motor frame could only accept 1 battery but all our production would be dual battery capable.

I was able to test ride a founders' samurai with a configuration equivalent to the base. I was very impressed! Smooth, quiet, and comfortable. I was expecting a lot more noise from the motor but it wasn't bad. I was able to hit and maintain 20 VERY easily with the enviolo. Shifting took some wrist effort so that would be an issue for some bit fine for me.

I wish I tried to hit and maintain max speed but my test trail didn't have a long straight away. This would be my only concern with the enviolo as the rohlhoff has more gear range.

I think there is incredible value in the base config, especially with the early bird pricing. However, after adding a second battery you might be tantalizingly close to the premium model with E14 and a range of other upgrades. @Ravi Kempaiah didn't make it easy to choose!

We have reserved enough Enviolo units needed for our mass production but the current inventory we have Rohloff is sold out and we are waiting to get their confirmation for the next order.
We believe the base version with Enviolo packs in a ton of value and utility and that is why we are building several hundred of those. You will be pleasantly surprised by its capabilities.

We have begun building some pre-production models in our R+D center. Hoping to send out a welcome email to all those on the pre-order list early next week.
(Have not forgotten to update the geometry chart, waiting on the graphic designer to resume work on Monday). We have some amazing technicians and mechanics.
Production items such as hydraulic stands for assembly stations would be arriving soon. More updates to follow.

1642955080557.png

Last edited:
We have begun building some pre-production models in our R+D center. Hoping to send out a welcome email to all those on the pre-order list early next week.
(Have not forgotten to update the geometry chart, waiting on the graphic designer to resume work on Monday). We have some amazing technicians and mechanics.
Production items such as hydraulic stands for assembly stations would be arriving soon. More updates to follow.

View attachment 112580
Wait! Is this color an option for the Samuri? I only saw black, blue and red.

Wait! Is this color an option for the Samuri? I only saw black, blue and red.

The production colors would be - Matte Black, Electric Blue, and Racing red.
We would be happy to offer an optional color upgrade if the customers prefer it strongly. We have a local facility for painting and please let us know if you would prefer any specific colors.

@Ravi Kempaiah is there going to be any financing options available? I am not as knowledgeable as most on here for the base model Samurai that is a twist shift or trigger shift?

@Ravi Kempaiah is there going to be any financing options available? I am not as knowledgeable as most on here for the base model Samurai that is a twist shift or trigger shift?

The base model Samurai has an Enviolo internal gear hub and they come with a manual twist shifter and it looks like this.
The financing option is not available as of now but we will introduce that option in Q4-2022.

1645894747041.png

Last edited:
Ravi,
Do you know if there will be a presale discount for the step thru model when it gets close to being available?

Of course.
We greatly appreciate the trust customers place in us and for the first few hundred customers, we will go the extra mile and offer excellent value.

Of course.
We greatly appreciate the trust customers place in us and for the first few hundred customers, we will go the extra mile and offer excellent value.
Ravi - your website had the initial discount available for those who place a deposit by today, but I haven't seen any emails back from the pre-order signup that I completed a few weeks ago.

Does this mine I was too late and not eligible?

Ravi - your website had the initial discount available for those who place a deposit by today, but I haven't seen any emails back from the pre-order signup that I completed a few weeks ago.

Does this mine I was too late and not eligible?

You're in, sir. No worries about that.
We had to file some regulatory bank paperwork and we will be sending the deposit requests to all the pre-order holders very shortly.
Most of my time is consumed handling supply chain chaos and we will get to posting the geometry and sending out the pre-order list very shortly. Thanks for being patient.

@Ravi Kempaiah Hope you're well. Any update on when Samuri geometry is going to be posted and will you be publishing a full spec sheet on the bike so we know what components are being used on the final build?
Thanks for this note. As you know, a picture is worth a thousand words. So we just built a production-ready model to explain all the components of a base model. Here is a picture.
We still need to make a few minor tweaks (front wheel, stem, decals on the downtube) and it will be 100% identical to the production bike. We have two more bikes in the making.
Apologies for the delay. We just onboarded investors from Lucid Motors and we were quite busy with that paperwork. Rest assured, you will see a detailed video about the geometry and specifications.

1644520921098.png

@Ravi Kempaiah great to see more detailed specifications on the website. And I'm really pleased to see that the Kindernay VII is an option as well. So very many tempting decisions to be made!

Thank you.
Bikes with Enviolo and Kindernay will be produced at a faster rate. Rohloff is having a supply issue and I think having more high-quality options will help all riders.
We believe, Enviolo will be a great option for a vast majority of riders.
While the Rohloff E-14 is absolutely amazing, there are some issues with the supply chain at Rohloff.
The Kindernay hub offers even more gear range than Enviolo and would be a fantastic option for those unwilling to wait for the Rohloff option but want a higher-quality system sooner.

We are receiving about 30 Enviolo wheels next week and about 10 Kindernay's as well. Will be eager to update everyone here next week.

Back