YRC shipment tracking

KoryOZ

I finally received my shipment notification and got my tracking number to use at YRC. But when I go there it tells me it can't find my number. First, does anyone know what kind of tracking number we're being given? The options seem to be:
  • PRO Number Tracking
  • Bill of Lading Number Tracking
  • PO Number Tracking
  • Booking Number Tracking
  • Load Number Tracking
If you figured out what type of tracking number it is and used it, did it take more than a day to show in the tracking system?

Thanks, everyone!

Make sure it's not damaged. My wife's bike took quite a beating. Now it's in the LBS due to shipping damage.
Could you tell from the box when it was delivered that it had a rough ride? If so, just curious as to why you didn't refuse shipment? I hope Voltbike is reimbursing you for the necessary repairs. Getting ready to order mine in a week and it's going to pass through a lot of hands getting to Honolulu.

I finally received my shipment notification and got my tracking number to use at YRC. But when I go there it tells me it can't find my number. First, does anyone know what kind of tracking number we're being given? The options seem to be:
  • PRO Number Tracking
  • Bill of Lading Number Tracking
  • PO Number Tracking
  • Booking Number Tracking
  • Load Number Tracking
If you figured out what type of tracking number it is and used it, did it take more than a day to show in the tracking system?

Thanks, everyone!
I had same issue. There is a little funny business going on. Basically Voltbike sends you the information on lets say Monday saying your bike has shipped and here is the tracking info. When you go to check it, you get nothing. Then a couple days later, it shows up in the system. When you check the actual data in YRC you find out that the pickup was actually on Wednesday, not Monday as email you were sent says. Shipping companies don't fudge the data, they pickup when they are told to pickup, and they have to be very diligent about tracking their shipments, its their job after all.

Sounds like Voltbike should state "your bike is ready for pickup by the courier" instead of saying it has been shipped. USPS does something similar when you lookup a tracking number someone has given you but has yet to drop it off at the post office or have it picked up. They've only created the shipping label, but it has yet to start its journey.

VoltBike told me the order shipped June 18 but YRC says pickup date was June 19 with a "due date" of June 27. On June 25 I received an update from YRC stating my shipment had arrived at Harrisburg PA, but then on the morning of June 26 I received another update saying my shipment was on the trailer headed to Harrisburg PA. Guess I'll just have to wait and see what happens. I live in Northern Virginia, in the suburbs of Washington DC.

By the way, I just learned that YRC used to be known as the "Yellow and Roadway Companies" -- I have heard of them and seen those trucks lots of times on the highways of America. I had never heard of YRC, however, so I thought it was a small operation. I feel much better about the shipment choice now!

Third Update: Arrived this morning Wednesday June 27th, need to run to work but the boxes look OK. Will update tonight or tomorrow with picture and first impressions. Maybe after a weekend of riding.

Second Update: Moved again to Wednesday June 27th. Went to Chicago, Nashville, Charlotte and finally Raleigh. That is a lot of trucks and warehouses to have them moved around with chance for mishaps. Wish us luck, Dad and Son.

UPDATE: New delivery date of Tuesday June 26, no reason given from YRC. Lost weekend of riding. I guess that is what you get for $50 shipping of two bikes.

Hope to have bikes on Friday June 22, 2018.

Voltbike Yukon 750 Limited 2018 Edition Fat Tire Owner Review – Ordered May 27, 2018 and added second bike to the order on June 1, 2018. I live in North Carolina.

Last edited:
Back