Your age group

As an e-bike rider, which age group do you belong to?

• Total voters

Afren

A couple of weeks back, I asked what age group e-bike riders on this forum belong to and there were many responses https://electricbikereview.com/forums/threads/whos-the-oldest-and-youngest-rider-here.29509/

A well-known member then suggested to me to put the question in poll form. I thought it was a brilliant idea but didn't know how to do this. Thankfully, he provided me with very comprehensive and easy to follow instructions of how to set up a poll on this forum so here we go.

We already had one last year but it's fun to do it again and get comments from different age groups.

My apologies. In my defence I only joined this year and haven't looked at posts of previous years. However, it's interesting to learn that we don't seem to have anyone below the age of 40 or at least anyone who wishes to participate in the poll.

My apologies. In my defence I only joined this year and haven't looked at posts of previous years. However, it's interesting to learn that we don't seem to have anyone below the age of 40 or at least anyone who wishes to participate in the poll.

There were 14 people last year that were 40 years old and below.

No apologies necessary. This demographic changes very rapidly and it's interesting to follow the trend.

We do need to realize that this poll reflects the age of EBR forum participants. It may not be representative of the total population of ebike riders. As was mentioned in another thread, online forums in many varied interest groups tend to appeal to the older generations. It is an interesting phenomenon which I think is a result of the decline in popularity of personal computer technology where the old online bulletin board systems started in favor of smartphones and social media that are preferred by the younger generations.

Part of it is the type of bikes that tend to get reviewed/discussed here. I assume (with absolutely no facts to back me up) that eBikes in the US/Canada probably draw an older audience anyway. When most of the reviews and questions are about heavy bikes with huge batteries and ability to carry large loads and heavy riders it probably tends to skew the average age up even higher. The newer road ebikes which are meant for people who are still somewhat fit and want to get real exercise are not reviewed here. I'm guessing that they probably are popular with a somewhat younger crowd.

EMTB are also primarily owned/used by young folk and most activity for these bikes is on Social Media.

Back