Yamaha releases New Motor and Displays

Nova Haibike

Yamaha announced a new motor for 2019, the PWseries TE, which incorporates the new Quad Sensor System. In addition to measuring speed, torque, and cadence, the TE has an angle sensor to detect the bike's angle of climb or descent. The system will automatically boost or reduce the assistance level according to the terrain.

Yamaha PWseries TE Motor

Also announced today are two new displays, the Display A and the Display C. The A is an all-in-one compact LCD with button pad for mounting by the grip, and the C features a color TFT screen and Bluetooth connectivity.

Yamaha Displays and Switches

The shown PW45 specks are 250W/70Nm when the European model have 500W/80Nm. I don't know what US law required. The same uncertainty also found inside Europe, Finnish importer have same 250W specks on their web side for a long time but on registration certificates from Haibike stated 500W so that I believe what I have. I would hope to see PW-X45 model with 500W/80Nm and 120rmp cadence.

The shown PW45 specks are 250W/70Nm when the European model have 500W/80Nm. I don't know what US law required. The same uncertainty also found inside Europe, Finnish importer have same 250W specks on their web side for a long time but on registration certificates from Haibike stated 500W so that I believe what I have. I would hope to see PW-X45 model with 500W/80Nm and 120rmp cadence.

US allows up to 750W.

If the new displays could be retrofitted to 2016 model motors, that would be nice. bit tired of smashing / repairing the current display and mount.

Back