XP Lite Max Charge Rate?

Booster

I just received two XL Lite bikes, and I'd like to charge them using a better charger than the included 2A chargers. I already have a Grin Technologies Cycle Satiator programmable charger, and I'd like to know what the max charge amperage the BMS can handle in the 48V 7.8AH battery pack. 3A? 4A? I'll rarely be charging above 80% capacity. Thanks!

From what I've casually read, the Lectric charge connector on our XP 2.0 bikes can handle up to about 4 amperes. I don't know if your bike uses the same connector. Literature also says that many 18650 cells are longest-lived if charged at ~ 0.5C, or 0.5 x 7.8AH = 4 amps.

Be careful and do your research. Most eBike battery fires are due to using chargers other than what the manufacturer provided.

Often, the limiting factor is the charger jack on the battery. Some will get quite hot at 4 amps Keep an eye on it if you increase the current. See if it stays cool after an hour.

Be careful and do your research. Most eBike battery fires are due to using chargers other than what the manufacturer provided.
Good advice!

The BMS "should" limit the charge current (often by simply shutting off), but without knowing the exact BMS specs it's just a guess.

The Cycle Satiator is a very sophisticated (and gentle) battery charger, as long as one knows how to use it.

Back