Wow-Prices are down on E-Bikes on Specialized site!

I guess I'm relieved? that the Tero X is not included. And they still haven't got stock on the white version, so I'm glad I wasn't waiting for that.

Turbo Vado 5.0​

$5,000 now $3,999.99​

Even more on other models!

Clearance because sales are sluggish or new stuff coming?
Did you notice no Vado 5.0 in any size was available online? :)

Specialized does the sale in two cases:
  • The model is to be replaced with something substantially newer, or
  • There are unsold e-bikes in less popular sizes such as XL.

Did you notice no Vado 5.0 in any size was available online? :)

Specialized does the sale in two cases:
  • The model is to be replaced with something substantially newer, or
  • There are unsold e-bikes in less popular sizes such as XL.
Como, Vado, many different versions, many different choices, any different sizes, and many colors. Lots on sale.

Bought a Vado SL 4.0 two months ago and now it's $500 less. It stings a little especially since I bought it earlier than I financially wanted to as I was afraid the Spring Sale might end before I was ready. Oh well.......

Finally clicked the checkout button on Monday (12 June)and Friday (16 June) the priced drop by $1075.00. I started a chat Friday afternoon when I noticed the price drop, they immediately credited me back $1075. Awesome service and I can’t wait to get my Vado 5.0 IGH from the shop.
UGGGH, I mean IGH? Uggggggh

Why uggggggh?
I, others, had negative experiences, some (a few), the opposite. Did you peruse the forums prior to making a puchasing decision? Judge Judy would have scoulded you for not. You might have been pushed away if you digested the personal comments here and there with experiences regaerding the IGH.
ME...I personally think it was released way too early and we were the "test pilots", of which many had woeful stories.
Read, search, then remember, you have 30 days.
ME...I'd wait to the next iteration to consider one, if they do it right next time.
Just sayin'

I, others, had negative experiences, some (a few), the opposite. Did you peruse the forums prior to making a puchasing decision? Judge Judy would have scoulded you for not. You might have been pushed away if you digested the personal comments here and there with experiences regaerding the IGH.
ME...I personally think it was released way too early and we were the "test pilots", of which many had woeful stories.
ME...I'd wait to the next iteration to consider one, if they do it right next time.
Just sayin'
i know this response is not to me but I’ll answer why I went IGH after reading reading and more reading up on issues. I already have an igh bike and love the quiet smooth shifting and no issues so far. its like my Prius it sneaks up on people.

Just sayin'
I haven't made a purchasing decision and I am perusing the forums, which is why I asked you to elaborate. I am tempted, though, to spin the roulette wheel, given the price drop!

I haven't made a purchasing decision and I am perusing the forums, which is why I asked you to elaborate. I am tempted, though, to spin the roulette wheel, given the price drop!
Godspeed, and may the Force be with you. Good luck.

i know this response is not to me but I’ll answer why I went IGH after reading reading and more reading up on issues. I already have an igh bike and love the quiet smooth shifting and no issues so far. its like my Prius it sneaks up on people.
I am tempted as well and will be interested in following your experience as your bike is brand new, right? What was your other IGH bike and how does it compare? I would like to go Specialized as there are a couple of good LBS's for Specialized in my area. Gazelle is here too but with a terrible bike company (Bert's Bikes- national chain I think).

My other is a Vado 3.0 Igh without any issues after a year with a little over 3k miles. I am having horrible wrist issues (too many bike crashes over my lifetime) and it’s hard to twist the grip on the 3.0 so I gave the 3 to my partner and ordered the 5 since it’s auto shifts. That’s not the only reason I upgraded - varia built in, bigger battery 710wh vs 530wh, suspension seatpost.

I demo’d gazelle 5gp I think it was and just didn’t like it, just overall ugh not fun and if I did order it was like a 5 month wait at the local retailer. Then a cannondale non-igh, a couple of rei e-bikes, a couple Giants, and trek is a no go for crappy treatment a few years back.

Test rode the Vado 3.0 and I fell hard for that bike. Huge smile on my face, pure joy to ride. I did not have that experience with the 8 odd bikes I tried. I came back into the shop and my partner knew by the smile on my face that we were going home with it. Good thing we didn’t buy anything at REI.

I love my specialized bike shop but they didn’t have a medium 5.0 in stock so I ordered online and sent to them to build.

some great deals! although it may look like nothing is available, remember to check the stock finder. for example, a large creo comp carbon ($1k off!) shows unavailable in any color or size online, but stock check shows several within 35 miles of my location, in two colors. the slightly older non-mastermind version (still a fantastic bike) is an even better deal, $1,750 off, also readily available. buying at a bike shop also means no waiting for delivery, and presumably good service.

there will be some regret when the new model comes out later this year, but $1,750 of regret? ;)

some great deals! although it may look like nothing is available, remember to check the stock finder. for example, a large creo comp carbon ($1k off!) shows unavailable in any color or size online, but stock check shows several within 35 miles of my location, in two colors. the slightly older non-mastermind version (still a fantastic bike) is an even better deal, $1,750 off, also readily available. buying at a bike shop also means no waiting for delivery, and presumably good service.

there will be some regret when the new model comes out later this year, but $1,750 of regret? ;)
But...what will the new model have that will generate the regret....or will it be the same old, same old?

But...what will the new model have that will generate the regret....or will it be the same old, same old?

presumably the same new version of the SL motor already in the levo; more power, more torque, quieter.

Speaking of more vert, the new Turbo SL 1.2 drive unit packs 33% more power than its predecessor and has 43% more torque. What does that mean exactly? It means the Levo SL now has 50Nm of torque and 320 Watts of power, a notable improvement out on the trail. Just for refresher’s sake, the previous generation had 240W of power and 35Nm of torque.

If it is a non-mastermind bike, the BLEVO app would work with it, which gives the user the ability to control the assist in a manner similar to mastermind. I use it, and I’m not sure I’d want to give it up for Mastermind.

If it is a non-mastermind bike, the BLEVO app would work with it, which gives the user the ability to control the assist in a manner similar to mastermind. I use it, and I’m not sure I’d want to give it up for Mastermind.
I can use BLevo on my 2020 4.0 SL and dont' think I'd exchange it for mastermind either. My Tero 5.0 does have Mastermind and I don't miss Blevo Smart Control on it. Mostly because the higher available power means setting ECO at 20/60 support gives similar automatic transmission assist as Blevo's smart control. I.e., the harder I pedal the more assist I get. I will seriously consider a new SL if/when the 1.2 motor comes out. Probably see how I like SL Mastermind with the 1.2 motor. And could always see if swapping TCU's with the older TCU will work. I know people were able to swap Levo SL's mastermind TCU's with older TCU's to continue to use Blevo. Hopefully the 1.2 motor upgrade won't change that.

Can never seem to find a Vado 5 online....period. Good sale though. Looks like Trek has a sale going too on their Allants.

Back