Wow-Prices are down on E-Bikes on Specialized site!

Can never seem to find a Vado 5 online....period. Good sale though. Looks like Trek has a sale going too on their Allants.

I took advantage of the sale on a Vado SL. I just couldn't resist the sale price vs. my alternative(s).
Did you check the "find in store" option on Specialized website? I see a Vado 5.0 in an adjacent state (to mine) when I search by that method despite no stock on the website.
You may be able to find one or two if you are willing to drive to pick it up.

As I'm sure we all know....the manufacturers apparently ramped up due to extraordinary sales last year....and now have an apparent over-supply. During my recent shopping at several LBS's.....they aren't slow....but they certainly aren't busy either.

...trek is a no go for crappy treatment a few years back.

I love my specialized bike shop but they didn’t have a medium 5.0 in stock so I ordered online and sent to them to build.

I kinda want another ebike and have had nothing but crap experiences from both Trek dealers and the mothership. Sounds like I'm not the only one. Maybe it's time to try what Specialized is offering.

A bit more on topic though I've been hearing a lot of chatter about inventory gluts and sales slumps from most manufacturers, and most are cutting prices. This is early in the season too - not end of season sales, so it seems there is some truth to that. It makes sense. I think a lot of manufacturers saw a new normal in the last few years where it was probably more of an anomaly from rona. They had the expectation of bike sales remaining brisk and reality is proving otherwise.

Turbo Vado 5.0​

$5,000 now $3,999.99​

Even more on other models!

Clearance because sales are sluggish or new stuff coming?
It looks like today some prices are back up!
I kinda want another ebike and have had nothing but crap experiences from both Trek dealers and the mothership. Sounds like I'm not the only one. Maybe it's time to try what Specialized is offering.

A bit more on topic though I've been hearing a lot of chatter about inventory gluts and sales slumps from most manufacturers, and most are cutting prices. This is early in the season too - not end of season sales, so it seems there is some truth to that. It makes sense. I think a lot of manufacturers saw a new normal in the last few years where it was probably more of an anomaly from rona. They had the expectation of bike sales remaining brisk and reality is proving otherwise.
Actually, some models of Specialized bikes sold right out!

Yup. My bro-in-law from Denver was in town last week.....explaining about the $300 city tax credit being offered for ebike purchasers (city of Denver only). A lot of his friends and coworkers are taking advantage of that.
I assume that there are other cities offering similar incentives, however, none of those incentives or buyer demand could surpass the demand that Rona had created. Atop that....many many bought shiny expensive new bikes last year and are not 'in the market' for another bike this season.

Or......that the next wave of newer bikes are going to be so radically better in range and weight that this 'sale' is to clear the inventory before next version. 25 lbs. and 75 miles, I'm in :)

Or......that the next wave of newer bikes are going to be so radically better in range and weight that this 'sale' is to clear the inventory before next version. 25 lbs. and 75 miles, I'm in :)

That could be the case. However I find it hard to see where manufacturers are going to make giant leaps. I don't see aluminum or carbon bikes getting much lighter. Range is only going to improve with a leap in battery chemistry. Motors aren't going to get much more efficient than they already are. They could get a little lighter and more compact, but the Achilles heel is the battery.

Can never seem to find a Vado 5 online....period. Good sale though. Looks like Trek has a sale going too on their Allants.
Talk to your local dealer, the stock they order from is separate from the stock showing via the website.

You may also plug in your size/color preference and see if any are in stock at stores within a reasonable drive.

Keep checking. I bought a smoke/medium Vado SL 4.0 from my lbs on sale last weekend because they were sold out online. I pretty much raced to grab it. Now today Specialized website has the smoke/medium back in stock.
Inventories change.....in this case much to my surprise.

I just purchased a Turbo Como 3.0 IGH for my wife for $2500 even though the sale is over if you go to website now. I had the sale page still open from weeks ago when I first read this original post. I pulled the trigger on the sale price and it worked! $1250 saved. Thanks to the OP!

Grab your Vado 5 now! I see some inventory of both IGH and chain models at the moment.

I happened to be looking for my friend who owns a Van Moof. He relies heavily upon his bicycle (for entertainment and fitness) and does not wish to be without an e-bike. His VanMoof is operational at the moment but the bankruptcy is giving him anxieties. He is ordering a Vado 5.0 IGH today.

I am loving my Vado 5 IGH! Best bike I've ever owned.
Although I thought that the Vado 5 was not the right bicycle for me (I bought the Vado SL)......I am VERY eager to ride my friend's new Vado 5.0 IGH when it is received.
I'm glad to hear that you like yours. I advised my friend that the Vado 5.0 is likely the right bike for him and so the 'pressure is on' lol.
It looks like a great bicycle that really fits my friend's requirements.

Grab your Vado 5 now! I see some inventory of both IGH and chain models at the moment.

I happened to be looking for my friend who owns a Van Moof. He relies heavily upon his bicycle (for entertainment and fitness) and does not wish to be without an e-bike. His VanMoof is operational at the moment but the bankruptcy is giving him anxieties. He is ordering a Vado 5.0 IGH today.

make sure he downloads bikey and gets the unlock key on his phone :)

make sure he downloads bikey and gets the unlock key on his phone :)
Ya. He uses 'moofer' or some such app and he believes that it does the same thing.

I have a sneaking suspicion that once he picks up the Vado 5.0. he will forget that the van moof ever existed

Thank you for the suggestion.

Last edited:
Ya. He uses 'moofer' or some such app and he believes that it does the same thing.

I have a sneaking suspicion that once he picks up the Vado 5.0. he will forget that the van moof ever existed

Thank you for the suggestion.

i'm not sure if moofer does - have him make sure it stores the key locally after download.

This is an industry thing. My YT feed is full of "The bike market is crashing", "you should be buying now ! ".

About a month ago I stopped into my local shop looking for a MTB for my son. The owner was very upfront about bikes being very cheap, " It's a buyer's market." He had a lot of bikes at about 20% - 25% off. I almost bought a hardtail " just cause ".

Back