World War III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm backing Marcos Junior.
$100. On it.
Funny on how you pulled your bet from three weeks ago about the Rushka was going to win this by the 4th of July. And deleted your posts.

Russia is in the process of losing the battle of the Donbas. Badly.

1652072428699.png

Moscow, May 9th, 2022.

Heavy weapons (tracked artillery) for Ukraine. 12 155mm Panzerhoubitze 2000 howitzers which use the same ammunition as the 777 howitzers already in country. https://www.defensenews.com/global/...ailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=dfn-ebb

These can be very useful if used properly but can still be vulnerable if not. An example of this are a pair of similar Russian howitzers sitting well camouflaged in a tree line. The assumption is that they were attacked by a highly mobile Ukrainian unit using towed M777s and high precision ammunition (likely Excaliburs), and real time drone reconnaissance. Excalibur rounds are very expensive and in very limited supply and so are likely only used on high value targets like these howitzers.

Notice in the following video that there are no ranging shots, the first shots land exactly where they were needed. The results would likely be the Russians being less aggressive with the placement of their big artillery. Increasing the range which makes them much less effective against Ukrainian military targets.

I read that 2/3 of the Russian people support the war, mainly because they get their news from state controlled TV. It would seem to me that if we could manage to broadcast a TV channel which supplies truth and fact, we could change that. Not being a technician, I do not know if this is possible. TV signals are broadcast from towers, via air, like radio signals, no? So maybe there is a way to broadcast TV signals by hitching a ride (so to speak) on existing TV towers? Or by hacking the studios digitally?
SOMEBODY DID IT! 😄😂

Russian smart TV owners tuning in to watch the Victory Parade today were faced with an anti-war message condemning their president, Vladimir Putin, for having “the blood of thousands of Ukrainians” on his hands.

Instead of previewing the top shows of the day, the Russian online TV schedule showed every programme had been changed to a message that read:

On your hands is the blood of thousands of Ukrainians and their hundreds of murdered children.
TV and the authorities are lying. No to war.

And then there's this:

"Two Russian journalists working for a popular pro-Kremlin website filled it with anti-war articles on Monday morning in a rare act of dissent as the country celebrated the Soviet Union’s victory over Nazi Germany.

The articles on Lenta.ru called President Vladimir Putin a “pitiful paranoid dictator” and accused him of waging “the bloodiest war of the 21st century”.

“We had to do it today. We wanted to remind everyone what our grandfathers really fought for on this beautiful Victory Day – for peace,” said 30-year-old Egor Polyakov, one of the two journalists..."

I was waiting for a memes/images like that ... It's just sooo obvious. 😄

I was thinking of an image of the parade route with a whole column of farmers on tractors turning and saluting the dais with a raised finger, with Putin turning to a general "who invited them!"

As I watched the excerpts of the Moscow Victory Parade, I could not fail noticing the anthem of the Soviet Union being played, and a T-34 tank with the Soviet flag flying to start the parade.

I agree the Soviet Army was in Berlin first. However, seeing (and listening to) all of those symbols, I thought it was irrelevant to an average Russian what system they had in place there as long as it was Tsardom. Call is the Russian Empire, Soviet Union or the Russian Federation: it is a "tsardom": a system ruled by a boorish autocrat in which citizens are actually proud of their leader being a boor. A Tsar, Stalin, or Putin.

Russia: The Sick Man of the World, on Feet of Clay.

Read This: "‘It’s as Tall as a Person’: Russians Reveal Their Secret Dump of Dead Soldiers in Donetsk "
https://www.thedailybeast.com/russi...onetsk-saying-its-as-tall-as-a-person?via=ios

Russian authorities in Ukraine’s occupied city of Donetsk are tossing the bodies of their dead soldiers in a secret dump “by the thousands” and charging their loved ones money to find them.

That’s according to a new audio recording released by Ukraine’s Security Service on Tuesday, which is purportedly an intercepted telephone conversation between two Russians discussing how one of their missing friends was finally found.

In the two-and-a-half minute recording, an unidentified man tells his female relative that the fate of “Inna’s brother” is finally known after he went missing a month ago.
“It’s better that you don’t hear this,” the man says at first, reluctant to spill all the grim details.

After more urging, he finally explains that the unidentified dead man’s “sister went to Donetsk, and there, basically, roughly speaking, is a dump.”

We need to remember, this invasion was not ordered by the people, the army was ordered to invade.
No invasions are "ordered by the people". It is always the government, because governments are who control and administer the military (although in a military dictatorship, it's the other way around). However, the atrocities which are being committed are the responsibility and fault of the actual soldiers who do them. Individual soldiers are murdering and raping civilians, children. Each individual is making a choice. The "I was just following orders" excuse has not been accepted since Nuremberg. Putain ordered the invasion, but its implementation is by the Russian people. War is hell, but there are many levels of hell.

"The "I was just following orders" excuse has not been accepted since Nuremberg." In theory maybe but not in practice. A good example would be Lt. William Calley when his command slaughtered a few hundred men, women,and children. His punishment for mass murder? 3 years of house arrest and nothing for anyone else in his command. I doubt anyone will be held responsible and punished in Russia unless it's some low level grunt scapegoat.

As I watched the excerpts of the Moscow Victory Parade, I could not fail noticing the anthem of the Soviet Union being played, and a T-34 tank with the Soviet flag flying to start the parade.

I agree the Soviet Army was in Berlin first. However, seeing (and listening to) all of those symbols, I thought it was irrelevant to an average Russian what system they had in place there as long as it was Tsardom. Call is the Russian Empire, Soviet Union or the Russian Federation: it is a "tsardom": a system ruled by a boorish autocrat in which citizens are actually proud of their leader being a boor. A Tsar, Stalin, or Putin.

Russia: The Sick Man of the World, on Feet of Clay.
However, if we hadn't shipped mass quantities of weapons, food, basic supplies to the USSR and sent experts there to help design and build manufacturing plants, would they have made it to Berlin? We don't know but I have my doubts.

I also seem to recall that the Soviets were having problems with soldiers running away at first, until orders came down to shoot them on the spot if they ran.

Now we are supplying Ukraine although (I assume) not to the same degree.

However, if we hadn't shipped mass quantities of weapons, food, basic supplies to the USSR and sent experts there to help design and build manufacturing plants, would they have made it to Berlin? We don't know but I have my doubts.

Now we are supplying Ukraine although (I assume) not to the same degree.
Absolutely agree with you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back