With Scorpions Almost Ready... What Will Tora Work On Next?

What Will Tora Work On Next?

• Pedal-less Moped

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Cargo Bike

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Refreshing existing models

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Plus Bike (2.4-3" tires)

• Bafang Ultra (Mid-drive) Bike

Votes: 7 38.9%
  • Folding Bike

• Full Suspension e-bike

Votes: 5 27.8%
  • 24" Wheel Scorpion

Votes: 1 5.6%

• Total voters
Yeah, i think he'll continue to improve upon prior models, as he always has done....and adding back suspension to prior models makes sense.

I don't think he'll just stop improving the prior models.

The scorpion does not have the appearance of a bike, and therefor is not a bike for many people and many trails. That's a significant limitation.

Tora: "I look forward to sharing exciting information on a NEW e-bike project from Juiced very, very soon." July 31

I think it will be either a pedal less moped or a full suspension ebike. He picked up experience on suspensions with the Scorpion, now he can bring it back to regular ebikes.

Sounds like a reasonable guess, but would be sad for existing customers, and new customers who have to suffer through pour QC, parts supply, and support problems.

Another, more powerful, scrambler.

Juiced is really giving up on the utility segment. It's funny, I follow only juiced and Ride1Up here. The Ride1Up threads are all about the promise of different models, and the Juiced threads are about bike breakdowns.

Instead of one heavy ass $4k scrambler, you can pedal and get the same range with a good commuter...

Another, more powerful, scrambler.

Juiced is really giving up on the utility segment. It's funny, I follow only juiced and Ride1Up here. The Ride1Up threads are all about the promise of different models, and the Juiced threads are about bike breakdowns.

Instead of one heavy ass $4k scrambler, you can pedal and get the same range with a good commuter...

I like the initial pricing, and I'd consider a RCS with dual batteries for the$3000 if I could use one battery then the other. This is really a moped rather than a bike, so not what I'm looking for.

Kinda feel like i NAILED this one.

I also wonder how long before he goes outside the 52 volts (my guess: 2 years).

I imagine by spring 2021, Juiced will announce it's next model. I have two guesses

1. A new rendition of the Hyperfat. Juiced brings the new high power motor over to the fatbike platform. Should be pretty easy, and dovetails with Juiced constantly upping the power and weight on new models. Maybe even a double battery version on a new Hyperfat.

2. Given the arc of the company, I think the next model could be completely pedal-free. Laws in many states are pretty permissive as long as you register.

My only reservation is it seems like Juiced and the rest of the ebike world religiously avoid vehicles that need registration, unlike say car and moto makers. This is a vehicle that will require more design work, so it would come after a new Hyperfat.

Other possibilities:
New CCS - doubt it considering it won't offer much opportunity for higher power, and the CCS hasn't done big sales since the RCS and Scramblers emerged.
New Cruisers/cargo bikes - similar to above, Juiced does high speed fun and these types aren't conducive to that vision.

As commuters go, I think they've gone as far as they're going to with the CCX.

I don't see them going back to cruisers, like the old OceanCurrent.

A cargo bike would be a natural extension of the HyperScorpion. Combine the old ODK with the HyperScorpion and I think they'd have a winner. The HyperScorpion, from what I've gathered, is doing well in the delivery business. They even came out with the yellow Express version. Why not take that a step farther into ODK territory? A return to their roots, in a sense, while capitalizing on a proven platform. Could easily make it a dual-battery bike.

As commuters go, I think they've gone as far as they're going to with the CCX.

I don't see them going back to cruisers, like the old OceanCurrent.

A cargo bike would be a natural extension of the HyperScorpion. Combine the old ODK with the HyperScorpion and I think they'd have a winner. The HyperScorpion, from what I've gathered, is doing well in the delivery business. They even came out with the yellow Express version. Why not take that a step farther into ODK territory? A return to their roots, in a sense, while capitalizing on a proven platform. Could easily make it a dual-battery bike.

Yeah I should have clarified, I meant the cargo bike format is not coming back, not the cargo moped format.

I don't see the ODK coming back because it's so far from their current offerings, visually and mechanically. Just look at it! :). But I agree that they'll flesh out the cargo capacity of the Scrambler/Scorpion formats. The Juiced website shows the cargo scorpion as already sold out, I didn't know there was that much interest in something like that. I wonder if it's actually deliver people, or just regular civilians who like the capacity.

I could see them coming back to commuters, but only after a strong signal of interest either from their own sales (which I doubt given how the CCX has languished) or from a rival clearly doing big sales of a commuter model. Even then though, seems like they'd rather forgo that market because they don't do the finer things that other bike brands do, like internal cabling, thru axles, integrated taillights, color matched alloy fenders, etc.

I also wonder if commuter models get ridden more and thus pose more of a reliability/warranty burden that they don't want.

Attachments

• juiced-bikes-odk-u500-v3-electric-cargo-bike-review-1200x600-c-default.jpg
    juiced-bikes-odk-u500-v3-electric-cargo-bike-review-1200x600-c-default.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 198

Looks like another minibike, but possibly slightly narrower tires (3")? Note also how the model has his knees bent and feet touching the floor. It's going to be small like the Scrambler, looks like.

Nothing less utility oriented than riding a bike on sand :)

Back