Winter Cycle gloves/Overshoes

vanmoofy

Region
United Kingdom
Hi

ive purchased gloves and they do absolutely nothing for my hands in this weather. My finger tips are frozen. Does anyone recommend any 'heated' gloves or actual 'thermal' gloves that work...?

As well as my toes being like icicles as well, im looking to buy overshoes which will absolutely keep my toes warm during winter rides. Any recommendations on this as well?

Many thanks,

I second the recommendation for Saviour heated gloves... they are excellent, very well made, and provide good warmth to the fingers. I have also been using their heated socks. While not as well made as the gloves, they have worked pretty well. I often ride in temperatures at or just below freezing.

I also have a pair of Savior heated gloves. I've only worn them twice, because it hasn't been cold enough, and both times I turned off the power halfway through the ride because my hands were getting too warm.
One caution with these gloves is they're on the thick/bulky side. They do work great, though.
I also have heated socks, which I also really like. I bought mine off of Amazon during Amazon Prime days.

I also have a pair of Savior heated gloves. I've only worn them twice, because it hasn't been cold enough, and both times I turned off the power halfway through the ride because my hands were getting too warm.
One caution with these gloves is they're on the thick/bulky side. They do work great, though.
I also have heated socks, which I also really like. I bought mine off of Amazon during Amazon Prime days.
after a bit they break in and are easy to brake and shift and such. better then the pearl Izumi's I have.

Keen insulated boots here lately. I was using my Dubarry sailing boots with heated socks, but the Keen boots have better tread when walking the bike. And they’re warmer.

I have found out that any type of shoe covers are the must during winter snow/slush/rain rides... Keep the shoes/boots dry and warm. (I could say a word or two about it as my feet suffer from inadequate blood circulation...)

1611468536125.png

GORE WEAR C3 Gore-Tex shoe covers on a wintry rain ride. A factor that is often forgotten is shoe covers deal perfectly with the wind chill factor.

Last edited:
A factor that is often forgotten is shoe covers deal perfectly with the wind chill factor.
Merrell winter mocs work well for me paired with Showers Pass windproof/waterproof socks. Pretty comfortable from 32F up to the upper 50's. Around freezing I'll usually add a thin pair of wool socks but then my feet sometimes get too warm about halfway through my commute.

A completely different option for your hands is a set of pogies or Bar Mitts. They keep your hands warm & dry without needing to wear thick or bulky gloves. You can wear thin gloves (or just carry them if you need to stop) or no gloves and your hands will stay toasty. Most have room or even have a pocket for adding a set of hand warmers.

A completely different option for your hands is a set of pogies or Bar Mitts. They keep your hands warm & dry without needing to wear thick or bulky gloves. You can wear thin gloves (or just carry them if you need to stop) or no gloves and your hands will stay toasty. Most have room or even have a pocket for adding a set of hand warmers.
I have a pair of Bar Mitts for my road bike and I really like them.

I have found out that any type of shoe covers are the must during winter snow/slush/rain rides... Keep the shoes/boots dry and warm. (I could say a word or two about is as my feet suffer from inadequate blood circulation...)

GORE WEAR C3 Gore-Tex shoe covers on a wintry rain ride. A factor that is often forgotten is shoe covers deal perfectly with the wind chill factor.

I agree with Stefan!
A padded overshoe (with some thermal lining) is the most effective, in my humble opinion.
Similarly, neoprene padded Bar mitts are most effective for protecting your hands in the bone-chilling winters.

1611527917570.png

1611527865048.png

I also have a pair of Savior heated gloves. My glove size is usually a large and that's what I ordered. I'm happy with how they fit.

I found the sizing chart to be very accurate. I would have expected my size to be a large, but based on the measurement I went with extra large, and they are an excellent fit.
My usual glove size is also a large but measuring according to the sizing chart it puts me on the upper end of XXL which doesn’t make sense. Makes me a bit hesitant to order without being able to try them on.

Back