Wing e-bikes - DO NOT BUY

Reza

Everything is honky dory as long you don’t need support but if god forbid you need support, good luck! This company is mainly focused on sales. They don’t care if they have satisfied customers or not. Have you noticed that there is no phone number on their site? Even their showroom in NYC doesn’t have a listed phone number. The only way to contact them is via email or chat. Their chat is a joke because they basically tell you to send an email and responses to emails are sporadic at best. I have an agreement from them to return the faulty bike that they sent however they have disappeared since then. All I need is a shipping address and they are not responding. Buyer beware!

So share why you bought a bike from someone you can't talk to?

CONTACT US

Wing Bikes Test Ride
NYC - Wing Bikes Showroom
15 min
345 E 12th St. New York, NY 10003
All Bikes Available! 345 E 12th St. New York, NY 10003

Last edited:
this is listed under the email address:
345 East 12th Street, NY NY 10003

If you go to street view it is a Wing bike shop.

Went by the store yesterday. Looked closed, as In closed and not reopening, rather than just closed for LaborDay. It’s a grubby narrow shop squeezed between an apartment foyer and a coffee shop.

Google street view below. Notice how (Google?) blurred the phone number.Unfortunately I didn’t write it down.

Last edited:
1599565100894.png

Sure hate to see these stories, but whatta ya gonna do? Folks think they are getting the bargain of the century, saving some bucks along the way compared to those expensive mid drives. But in the end, what's more expensive; the initial cost of a Yamaha, Bosch or Shimano mid drive, designed by scores of the best engineers money can buy, with a worldwide support structure built, in place; or some goofy top tube ebike with a great initial price of entry, backed by folks who can't even bother to list their phone number; based in a store front, looking like that?

Really, you're gonna hand over your hard earned cash to a place of "business", looking like that?

I'd like to see the market for these Chinese bikes dry up and go away, leaving the buyer the choice of legit brands, with solid and dependable ebike drive trains. But reality says that in a free market economy, anyone can get into the game, including the hustlers who are here today, gone tomorrow, with no respect to the buyers who shell out good money for their "product".

Buyers, the only way to protect yourself from this game, is to educate yourselves about ebikes. This site is probably the best place in the world, to begin that education.......

Sure hate to see these stories, but whatta ya gonna do? Folks think they are getting the bargain of the century, saving some bucks along the way compared to those expensive mid drives.
To put it in a context, Wing bikes start from $1,300. A bargain would be what - $800?... Comparing this to any "expensive" bike is apples to oranges.

About the store looks - I don't think this tells much about the company reputation, other than the low-tier product they sell. They are consumer-direct business, selling whatever they could find in China for cheap, the "store" is more a showroom than anything else. Could've been doing it without a store.

If you get approved to be a Trek or name brand dealer, you will be required to set up all new bikes and service them It will require a large order of spare parts.
China off brand products do however often have Shimano drive trains. My e-bike broke a spoke and LBS didn't even stock that exact gauge of spoke or length. They cut a smaller spoke and made a spoke for me.

When Wing bikes got started doing "pre orders" (boy I hate that phrase), they came to this forum and posted phony reviews. It was obvious they were phony and the posters were aggressive and argumentative. The threads were removed by the admins here.

The only bargains to be had are bargain bikes. When you buy something from the dollar store, it's worth a dollar. There are decent bargain bikes on the market, and there's nothing wrong with riding a bargain bike. We all like to spend the least to get the most. When sellers make claims mainstream sellers don't, it's time to keep shopping. Wing made a lot of gimmicky claims. For the sake of their customers I hope they get straightened out.

If you get approved to be a Trek or name brand dealer, you will be required to set up all new bikes and service them It will require a large order of spare parts.
China off brand products do however often have Shimano drive trains. My e-bike broke a spoke and LBS didn't even stock that exact gauge of spoke or length. They cut a smaller spoke and made a spoke for me.
I think manufacturers should include spare spokes with purchase. I always carry a few in my inframe & am prepared to replace in the field.
It is unlikely that most LBS stock ebike spokes or disc brake pads for that matter, even those selling ebikes. Something I discovered the
hard way. This is just another thing not mentioned in your owners manual that should be taken into account.

I've never broken a spoke in my life. Not on any bike or motorcycle, hundreds of thousands of miles, for over fifty years. Just sayin'.
Plus, I think the brake pad or shoe replacements I've done all these years would count one or two total, overall.

We purchased a wing bike, in shipping the box was damaged and the headlight was not working. Wing promptly sent one to replace it and included detailed illustrated directions on how to install. I ordered a rear rack, which was a early version and it was welded off angle a bit. They promptly shipped another one. They answered questions on the controller promptly. This was months ago but I have zero complaints and have recommended the bike to others. It was actually better than expected, and I have about $10k of bikes in my garage so not just some slouch. It goes 30 miles fast in hilly terrain with the mid grade battery, much more no doubt on flatter roads. The bike frame and wheels are overkill and built for abuse.

I'm not going to devote time to it but you can usually chat with them on website even at off hours and weekends, and its not some support person in India or something. I would not disparage a few guys giving a go at starting a business. NY real estate is not cheap and why invest in a big storefront when you are selling online mostly?

Back