Will Metro have a 2015 model??

james90755

I am watching the Zuma and the Metro. Zuma now has a 2015 version, but Metro doesn't seem to get a refresh??

I am watching the Zuma and the Metro. Zuma now has a 2015 version, but Metro doesn't seem to get a refresh??

It does.
I just looked at the one on our floor and noticed that it has a 48V battery ( 2014's had a 36v battery, 374 Whr). So it's 417Whr now (~20% raise). This is a big difference and really helps in carrying 60+ lbs cargo
Some other minor cosmetic changes. Attached picture for you.

E3 Metro.JPG

Hmmm. Thanks for taking the time to check this out for me. So I think the black/teal is 2014 and the black/red is the 2015.

Since you're a ship owner, what's been your experience with this bike??

Juiced Rider make really nice bikes but if you're in the market for a ~$2K cargo bike, you should consider this. This is a work horse. The joints are TIG welded for front rack and even though it lacks hydraulic brakes, BB5's are good enough and you can always upgrade them to BB7 and moreover, you're not going go 25mph on a cargo bike!
So, overall, a great utility bike.

The controller in the IZip Metro is designed to be more quick to kick in and provide more torque than the IZip Zuma. Currie figured that most folks using the Metro would be hauling more weight, so it is designed to respond better under additional load. The Zuma has a bit softer take off. Very sleek appearance for a cargo bike!

It does.
I just looked at the one on our floor and noticed that it has a 48V battery ( 2014's had a 36v battery, 374 Whr). So it's 417Whr now (~20% raise). This is a big difference and really helps in carrying 60+ lbs cargo
Some other minor cosmetic changes. Attached picture for you.

View attachment 2460

Hey, I was pretty hot for a Zuma until i saw a reviewer pull the seat/battery "box" assembly out. Does the short seat stem just end in that metal battery box? Doesn't look like it would be very strong if its the way it looked in the video. ?? I'm 220lbs and don't need a collapsing seat post. ;)

I have a 2015 E3 Metro with over 1500 miles already. I commute 36 miles per day and use it for errands as well. This is my first e bike and I have not found any other e bike that has the tube battery, integral front and rear racks and it a normal bike size. Many of the other cargo bikes are meant to carry very large loads and the bikes are long and not really like riding a regular commuting bicycle, The Metro is great fun to ride just as you would a non e-bike. It shifts great, it is easy to pedal even without the PAS or POD modes on flat terrain. I have had very INTERMITTENT battery charging issues and this is the first year that the battery is 48 volts. Other than that change the bike is the same as the 2013 and 2014 models. My dealer has been fantastic about the battery issues and at this point since he is unable to figure out ( neither can Currie) why there are intermittent issues, I am getting a totally new 2015 bike. Maybe my first one is just a lemon as the dealer has sold many 2012-2014 models and no one has had problems. Regardless, I highly reccommend the Metro. If anyone else has had 2015 battery charging issues I would be interested in what the root cause is. Thx and good luck making your choice of purchase.

Hey, I was pretty hot for a Zuma until i saw a reviewer pull the seat/battery "box" assembly out. Does the short seat stem just end in that metal battery box? Doesn't look like it would be very strong if its the way it looked in the video. ?? I'm 220lbs and don't need a collapsing seat post. ;)

It has a metal plate scaffold and the seatpost doesn't rest on the battery structurally!

Picked up my NEW Metro E3 yesterday- will be carefully watching the battery and charger and have fingers crossed that will have no problems with this bike. My dealer was fantastic ( Ajo Bike in Tucson, AZ) and Currie has been very supportive. So excited as I love everything about tis bike model.

Back