Why do people hate cyclists?

I have no idea what can be gleened other than those that "hate" cyclists are about the same, by percentage, as "militant bedecked road cyclists" that use the road as if in a car or on a motorcycle. I get really annoyed when a couple of "cycleists" ride the middle of the road because they can maintain 30mph of the 40mph speed limit. I get even more incredulous at their arrogance in times like these because its truly a lost cause if someone in a car goes postal. No doubt the first solution is designated bicycle lanes because sharing between diverse groups ain't gonna happen.
Lanes are good! Riding the white line on a busy, winding mtn road with no shoulder is petrifying. Not at all hard to soil oneself.

Lanes are good! Riding the white line on a busy, winding mtn road with no shoulder is petrifying. Not at all hard to soil oneself.

I wasn't refering to need. There are smart cyclists who are uncomfortable riding a center line out of need and dumb cyclists who think they can dominate a car. Perhaps they can.

I wasn't refering to need. There are smart cyclists who are uncomfortable riding a center line out of need and dumb cyclists who think they can dominate a car. Perhaps they can.
I was not referring to the center line,but instead the white line at the edge of the road. A path 4 inches wide is not a comfortable one.

Back