WTF! Why do people cheat on fitness apps?

Especially roadies are a competitive folk, and they certainly ride for the stats.

For me, it is a great pleasure to see "Stefan M rode with name, name, name, name" and the integrated map of all individual rides is combined. If there is a group that rode the same route at a similar speed at approximately the same time and they rode together for at least 60% then Strava presents that as a group ride. That typically happens to a group of gravel cyclists, where camaraderie and riding together are important things.

Am hoping to show you CR such an integrated map after my Sunday's group ride :)

Last edited:
I dont have any hate for the app, it just doesn't add anything to my type of riding and I do put some rides on plotaroute, simply because I use it to work out obscure trails.

You could say me videoing my rides is the ultimate mapping of the experience.

I dont have any hate for the app, it just doesn't add anything to my type of riding and I do put some rides on plotaroute, simply because I use it to work out obscure trails.

You could say me videoing my rides is the ultimate mapping of the experience.
Well, the whole e-biking history of mine is on Strava :) I can even recollect my major crashes using Strava :)

We should all remember that people make pretty silly facial expressions when they are exerting themselves. And we shouldn't read any emotions into those expressions.
Like 'I really got to poop big-time, but am holing it in and suffering. Those sort of expressions? Instead of 'I am in the moment and having fun, here and now. Aware. Present.

aka: f*ckface
ban-hump.gif

They are just cheating on themselves. It doesn't make any sense. When it comes to fitness and exercises, all I want is to see a positive trend on my scale and in the mirror. For that, I even think to buy wegovy online and see if it might help. Maintaining a healthy weight requires dedication. Proper nutrition and regular exercise are essential, but sometimes additional support is needed.

Last edited:
I didn’t see this thread until today and now it all makes sense. RabH doesn’t really ride a 100 miles in a day he just drives around the country side, takes his bike out of his vehicle, takes a picture, than repeats. I joke of course because that would take as much work as just doing the ride. When I lifted weights I’d see this one lady she would be on a treadmill, her feet standing on either side of the belt messing with her phone. Then she’d run a little, put her feet on either side of the belt to mess with her phone, then repeat over and over. She’d do 3 miles but only really did half that.

I didn’t see this thread until today and now it all makes sense. RabH doesn’t really ride a 100 miles in a day he just drives around the country side, takes his bike out of his vehicle, takes a picture, than repeats. I joke of course because that would take as much work as just doing the ride. When I lifted weights I’d see this one lady she would be on a treadmill, her feet standing on either side of the belt messing with her phone. Then she’d run a little, put her feet on either side of the belt to mess with her phone, then repeat over and over. She’d do 3 miles but only really did half that.
I see people jump in their monster trucks to drive a mile to the gym. Then they take the elevator to the stair climbers and stationary bikes on the second floor, where they play with their phones the whole time. Then they hang with the dudes in the showers for an hour.

I see people jump in their monster trucks to drive a mile to the gym. Then they take the elevator to the stair climbers and stationary bikes on the second floor, where they play with their phones the whole time. Then they hang with the dudes in the showers for an hour.
Hanging in the shower for an hour with the dudes seems a little weird, but at least they are only playing with their phones..... ;)

I think it is more creepy than weird.

For me weird is good and creative. I heard something that I love about the subject of weirdness yesterday from the video game world. There is the term NPC, non-playing character. The quote is, 'People who are not at least a little weird are NPCs.' Because they need to be told what to like, how to dress, what to listen to, were to go, and what to do. There has never been a truly cool person who was or is not a bit weird. Then people will try to dress like them and listen to their cool music. Innovation does not happen in the middle of the herd. Miles Davis, Jonny Cash, and Coaltrane were cool cats doing stuff that never existed before. May all your friends be a bit weird.

Last edited:
Just a funny observation from afar. I don't go to that gym any more. I do love the nipple show on CNN during the debate. When I went to the pool and sauna some guys were still in the showers an hour later. The too short big truck guys, rolling coal.

Guys in shower "rolling coal." Do I even want to know what this means?
Yep. They like to see who can blow the most smoke. They are very dirty.

Seriously, I know someone who had been doing this on his brand new truck. It damaged the engine beyond repair and he now has a different vehicle. Some people like to waste money. Not sure if he is still wrecking his new ride, but whatever. It’s not my headache.

Yep. They like to see who can blow the most smoke. They are very dirty.

Seriously, I know someone who had been doing this on his brand new truck. It damaged the engine beyond repair and he now has a different vehicle. Some people like to waste money. Not sure if he is still wrecking his new ride, but whatever. It’s not my headache.
It should be added to this article than 🤔. https://www.wnct.com/news/offbeat-a...loud-exhaust-are-sadists-and-psychopaths/amp/

Frustrating thing is, I’ve known him all my life and he is really a good person. He is just hanging out with assholes.

Back