Who's the oldest and youngest rider here?

Some days I feel like one, Other day I feel like the other. Actually, I'm neither.Born in 1950, probably right in the middle.

68 next month. Recovering from cancer and taking boatloads of prescriptions. In the past I was a devoted long distance club rider who has done well over 100 centuries and a few doubles. These days I ride my ebike roughly 10 miles every morning. Currently cancer free. It’s insanely hot right now so there is a limited window of time to ride.

68 next month. Recovering from cancer and taking boatloads of prescriptions. In the past I was a devoted long distance club rider who has done well over 100 centuries and a few doubles. These days I ride my ebike roughly 10 miles every morning. Currently cancer free. It’s insanely hot right now so there is a limited window of time to ride.
What have you done nutrition wise?

I guess i’m the baby here, maybe besides Court himself ?
I’m 39 and have been ebiking for 3years, have decades on reg. Road Bikes, bike racing .

72 … and the T shirt I often wear when riding reads "EBIKES … RIDE LIKE A KID AGAIN!" :)
Good for you, ya ole' geezer! (I won't be 72 until mid November.) Even though I reside in Ohio's snowbelt, I plan on riding my e-bike this winter. I am going to bring the battery inside our home when I'm not riding.

~Lee

I can’t believe this but so far I’m the youngest on the thread at 36. Been biking since I was 4 and ebiking for only about a year!

Normally, when it comes to technology, old folks lag behind the younger generation but going by the replies here, e-bike use and ownership seems to be an exception.

Considering the options (not able to ride with bikes collecting dust vs. a hill leveling, wind canceling e-bike enabling me to ride vs. not), it was pretty easy for me to make that required leap of faith for my first bike. I think even the younger generations would be able to see that.

I think they're getting a lot of people up off their butts and enjoying the outdoors again.

Considering the options (not able to ride with bikes collecting dust vs. a hill leveling, wind canceling e-bike enabling me to ride vs. not), it was pretty easy for me to make that required leap of faith for my first bike. I think even the younger generations would be able to see that.

I think they're getting a lot of people up off their butts and enjoying the outdoors again.

The younger generation sees it, but the vast majority are just nowhere even remotely close to being able to afford ebikes. For most, simply paying for food & rent exceeds 100% of their total income.

"Younger" is pretty subjective, and here, was a poor choice words. I was thinking those over 30 or so. While admittedly not everyone will be able to afford an e-bike, I think the "vast majority" could afford one if their priorities allowed it.

81, wife 75, enjoying the mountains and beauty of Montana. Bought bikes 2 months ago. Accumulated 280 miles thus far and enjoying the liberated feeling one gets riding this technology.

I may be heading to Montana later this month. Can you provide areas to ride for visitors? I will be stopping in Butte and Bozeman to visit relatives.

Normally, when it comes to technology, old folks lag behind the younger generation but going by the replies here, e-bike use and ownership seems to be an exception.
As generations go, the Millennials and Gen-Z'ers are definitely ahead of us Boomers and even the Gen-X'ers in tech savvy, but forums like this one tend to appeal to us "old farts" who still prefer a computer and search engines instead of a smart phone and social media for information. I know that is a generalization, but I participate in several forums for varying interest groups, and they are all dominated by older folks.

Nowadays, e-bikes can be bought on interest free credit and you could pick one up for the price of a new generation iPhone. Undoubtedly, there are those who cannot afford one even on easy terms but the majority of them in my opinion see E-bikes, but not necessarily emtbs, as something meant for the older generations and basically, not cool to be seen riding 😎.

Back