While Awaiting The Arrival Of My New Steed...(Zwift Question)

CincyKid

Region
USA
I have ordered a Zen Photon Pro. Expected delivery first of April.

In the meantime, I have been doing Zwift free riding on a direct drive with a Cannondale Quick CX2.

I was a zero base 7 weeks ago. Now, I can ride 45 mintues with ease and have gone as long as 1.5 hours. All in a Zone 2 heart rate range. Over 250 miles.

My question, is given the pedal assistance how long could I expect to go on my ebike? Without pain I should add. :cool:

My goal is to be able to go 10-15 miles in any direction and back immediately.

Ultimately, I have a desire to do 50-60 mile rides.

Thoughts?

I have ordered a Zen Photon Pro. Expected delivery first of April.

In the meantime, I have been doing Zwift free riding on a direct drive with a Cannondale Quick CX2.

I was a zero base 7 weeks ago. Now, I can ride 45 mintues with ease and have gone as long as 1.5 hours. All in a Zone 2 heart rate range. Over 250 miles.

My question, is given the pedal assistance how long could I expect to go on my ebike? Without pain I should add. :cool:

My goal is to be able to go 10-15 miles in any direction and back immediately.

Ultimately, I have a desire to do 50-60 mile rides.

Thoughts?
If you're riding 45 minutes on the Zwift now, you should be able to ride 10-12 miles comfortably right away, I would think. 50-60 miles will eventually be doable, with your battery range being the main limiting factor.

Enjoy your new bike!

The human without injury or disease can train to increase work ability up to 18 hour days. At age 73 I am fine at 4 hours 108-144 bpm. My hip muscles used to pain me at 3 hours, due to lack of fat over my ischea. No seat I have bought had more than 1 cm foam. However I built a bicycle sofa with a 6" cushion that seems to have conquered that limit. Instead of pain of the hip muscles, yesterday had I had pain of the perinium skin. 4 hour 30 mile ride into a 18-24 mph headwind. I am going to try padded shorts next weekend. I rode a maximum 1.5 hours, 3 hours R.T. this winter. Now that it is spring I can ride out my summer camp if the weather is not freezing and the wind is limited. 77 hills on my route. Some assist is used on the steeper ones. I could ride the route unpowered, but a 15 mph headwind in 9/18 made the trip a sweaty 6 hours at 120-144 bpm. TOO MUCH EXERCISE. Electricity allows me to exercise 3.5-4 hours into nearly any wind.

Last edited:
Back