Which Companies Make Multi Mode/ Switchable Class Mode Ebikes?

"and its power must be less than 750 watts" I wonder if that's why when my bike with a fresh battery in the top PAS (5) reads 749watts on the display.

"and its power must be less than 750 watts" I wonder if that's why when my bike with a fresh battery in the top PAS (5) reads 749watts on the display.
Good question. It would be interesting to compare the display reading with that of a quality ammeter.

I tested the 500 watt rear hub motor on my Pedego with a Fluke ammeter and read 624 watts at full throttle. No big deal since it is still under the allowable 750 watts.

Manufacturers seem so take liberties with their motor ratings.

Good question. It would be interesting to compare the display reading with that of a quality ammeter.

I tested the 500 watt rear hub motor on my Pedego with a Fluke ammeter and read 624 watts at full throttle. No big deal since it is still under the allowable 750 watts.

Manufacturers seem so take liberties with their motor ratings.
On the bold, that's a complicated mess with little uniformity. Take the case where a manf. is using a known motor rated at 500w. Then, they feed it 1000w. That motor will really scoot with that kind of amperage available -but- it's not going to do it for long.

My new "project" bike works really well using that idea. It uses a 500w motor (nothing special) and a 22a KT controller. It's able to feed an indicated 1000w to the 500w motor at wide open throttle. This allows for some pretty brisk acceleration to cross a busy street, short bursts of impressive hill climbing power, and I can easily catch up with the wife if I've been lollygagging. As long as I don't run into a situation where I need that power for more than a few seconds, that motor will never overheat.... while providing me with all the power I'd ever want. -Al

Last edited:
I just discovered an ebike manufactured in Canada by the Dost company. I saw one review on youtube and it was very positively reviewed. They also allow their ebikes to be programmed to adhere to Class 1, Class 2, or Class 3 guidelines.
That was one of the reasons I have two on order...love the flexibility to keep my throttle unless i am in a area that completely bans them....i do not think i will ever need the class 3 for the riding i will be doing, but i am happy i can program it in case i change my mind....now i must confess, i am 3 pages into this thread, and this was the first post that even came close to answering the original question...what bikes are out there that can be modified to be class 1, 2 or 3.....I think Rize might be another brand....

Back