Where's My XP?

If... the 25XX ish people are gettin their bikes now,

it means... from June-Mid September (3.5 months)
2500/3.5 = they are shipping 714 bikes per month. (plus or minus 200 for multiple bike orders)
714bikes/ 20 working days = 35 bikes a day. (plus or minus 10)

They need to hire more people.

If... the 25XX ish people are gettin their bikes now,

it means... from June-Mid September (3.5 months)
2500/3.5 = they are shipping 714 bikes per month. (plus or minus 200 for multiple bike orders)
714bikes/ 20 working days = 35 bikes a day. (plus or minus 10)

They need to hire more people.

3 guys. 1 prints the shipping labels. He can quadruple check each one for accuracy and still be done by noon. 1 guy tooling around the warehouse on a forklift, opening boxes, checking the color, throwing saddlebags in, taping up the box and sticking a label on. He's done by 2. One guy answering the phone and emails and getting China on the phone for the daily wtf session. He's working til 6am. Ok make that 4 guys. :)

I just checked. Mine made it to Utah last night. So hoping for nice weather to get across the mountains and prairies into Minnesota! Due Monday.
Looks like the West Coast is getting them about a week earlier. Which would make sense POE being LA. Mine #2615 is in the neighboring town and will be delivered today.

I see the light at the end of the tunnel. Nope, not a train. It's 100s of XPs with their high beams on, baseball cards in their spokes and Born To Be Wild cranked to 11 on their smartphones.

I just got an email saying order # 2928 has been shipped, or will be shipped soon, or however this all works. I got the means-nothing-at-all tracking #.

What might be interesting to other people is that I just missed the cutoff for late August shipping by a few hours. So this should be pretty much the start of the September batch.

I see the light at the end of the tunnel. Nope, not a train. It's 100s of XPs with their high beams on, baseball cards in their spokes and Born To Be Wild cranked to 11 on their smartphones.

I just got an email saying order # 2928 has been shipped, or will be shipped soon, or however this all works. I got the means-nothing-at-all tracking #.

What might be interesting to other people is that I just missed the cutoff for late August shipping by a few hours. So this should be pretty much the start of the September batch.
332 to go till my bikes are shipped, if they are going in order. Early Sept. delivery.

ooh that is good news.. thanks for that info.
Altho...i don't think it was shipped rather, just the label was created.
Which means, it didn't and won't leave Lectric's facilities for another 5-10 days, and then FedEx will take another 5-10 days...

but at least they are printing labels so.. yay?

#290x ordered 20 July. I received the tracking number this morning but of course it does not show up in the FedEx system. The proverbial headlight is on. It will probably be another two or so weeks before my other order, #368x August 8th receives It's Magic tracking number.

Did Lectric just streamline their shipping???

When I first got my tracking # a couple of hours ago I clicked on it and got something like "tracking # not found". Just now I figured I'd set up a shortcut so I wouldn't have to go through Lectric to get to FedEx to check progress and it isn't moving (it's in Montclair, CA), but at least they're saying

Scheduled delivery:
Thursday 9/19/2019 by end of day

Hopefully Lectric is getting better.

Edit: Nobody else has seen evidence of more streamlined shipping so all I can figure is maybe my bike was the last off one trailer and then the first onto another and 2 scans happened back to back. Bummer, I was thinking things were speeding up for the September bikes.

Last edited:
ooh that is good news.. thanks for that info.
Altho...i don't think it was shipped rather, just the label was created.
Which means, it didn't and won't leave Lectric's facilities for another 5-10 days, and then FedEx will take another 5-10 days...

but at least they are printing labels so.. yay?
Exactly... they are not shipping in order at all. Still waiting on mine... 7/4 233x
Text below is from Brent.

The bikes are sent in large quantities. They are loaded onto semi trucks and sent to the shipper. However, the shipper may unload one truck prior to another - and that's where this breaks down. Once we have inventory we'll be able to send bikes in smaller quantities and on a daily basis to correct this.

I wish there was another 2 months of summer left...
I dont want to ride the XP this winter yet. Dont want the salt destroying the bike on its maiden voyage.

Maybe next winter after the XP puts on like 5000 miles on it.
You guys think itll last 5000 miles?

Exactly... they are not shipping in order at all. Still waiting on mine... 7/4 233x
Text below is from Brent.

The bikes are sent in large quantities. They are loaded onto semi trucks and sent to the shipper. However, the shipper may unload one truck prior to another - and that's where this breaks down. Once we have inventory we'll be able to send bikes in smaller quantities and on a daily basis to correct this.

I wish someone could explain why they need to be loaded onto a large semi and sent to the shipper. When I worked in shipping, the freight company picked up the freight from us as well as delivered it. Never heard of any freight company requiring you to get the freight to their terminal. Also why would smaller quantities allow them to send them everyday correct this?

I wish someone could explain why they need to be loaded onto a large semi and sent to the shipper. When I worked in shipping, the freight company picked up the freight from us as well as delivered it. Never heard of any freight company requiring you to get the freight to their terminal. Also why would smaller quantities allow them to send them everyday correct this?
Probably because they will open a shop/office/storefront at some point and start handling the bikes themselves. As I understand it and was posted in one of the forums they are in the process of relocating from Arizona to California.

Last edited:
Back