Where's My XP?

I ordered mid August #39xx. Stated "early September delivery". I expect my bike to be delivered in September.
If it is not, I'll watch the 60 day credit card limit on contesting payments. Then decide.

If I do not have the bike by the end of September. I might cancel order (so others can get their bike sooner, and I can get a refund).
And consider reordering at full price in the spring. I don't have a use for the bike after October, and who knows what might be available in the spring.

If I like this bike, which I suspect I will, I'll probably order more in the Spring.

I ordered mid August #39xx. Stated "early September delivery". I expect my bike to be delivered in September.
If it is not, I'll watch the 60 day credit card limit on contesting payments. Then decide.

If I do not have the bike by the end of September. I might cancel order (so others can get their bike sooner, and I can get a refund).
And consider reordering at full price in the spring. I don't have a use for the bike after October, and who knows what might be available in the spring.

If I like this bike, which I suspect I will, I'll probably order more in the Spring.
I cancelled one of mine. Money was back on my cc in 2 days

Not to put too fine a point on it, but customers take shipped to mean in transit to their location, not from Lectric to some intermediary that sits on them for a week or two.

I think a big part of this is how the consumer reads things, and how Lectric does, and how they differ.

When I place an order for "early September delivery", I expect to receive it in early September. Preferably very early September.

When Lectric says "early September delivery" I think that is when the bikes will be delivered to them. And "early September delivery" could be any time in the first half of the month.

Then, they have to take the bikes out of the container (which likely arrived by slow ship), create a shipping label for each one, put it back into the container. Have the container shipped to fedex. Have fedex empty the container and start shipping.

If I get my "early September delivery" bike by the end of the month, and it is as promised, I will be happy. I kind of expected they were being optimistic.

Their web site should probably be updated to display realistic estimates of when the product would be delivered to the consumer.
The customer does not really care when Lectric gets the bike, they want to know when it will be on their doorstep.

Their other marketing was brilliant. And they probably have a lot of capital invested in getting this going (so needed as many orders as possible early on). And as near as I can tell they have made lots and lots of sales :)

To over promise delivery dates was probably a risk they had to take to keep the money flowing.

To survive long term they should probably under promise and over deliver. A happy customer generates referrals ;)
Just my opinion.
This last phase may be the worst part of the preorder process to me -- when you've got the FedEx number and it's not yet showing up in their system. Although the delivery is technically "in progress" the lack of acknowledgement from FedEx could suggest that the box is sitting in some warehouse surrounded by 1,000 other boxes and some lonely guy with a clipboard is wandering among them doing the check-ins. Somewhere between Lectric's domain and the FedEx domain. Then reading some of the stories about damaged bikes during shipping.... Praying mine arrives in good shape. Like I said, the last phase of this waiting process is the toughest part -- at least to me. I still have a lot of faith in Lectric however. They've clearly been overwhelmed by success, and have publicly owned up to being surprised by the number of orders over the summer. I do not see a lot of CYA there, which has been refreshing to not see. What has been encouraging is the number of positive stories posted where people who have finally gotten their bikes are delighted with them. But ... c'mon FedEx, just let me know you have a record of the shipment so I can start tracking it!

#34XX ordered on 8/2/2019

I completely agree that Lectric's wording was utterly misleading.
It should have said "Shipping Mid-September - Expected delivery Early October" instead of "Shipping Early Sept" (Same for all previous months)
The unclarity is clearly proven by the vast number of frustrated customers.

Lectric obviously said "Early-Sept" because they wanted to lure the customers. Because when a customer imagined early-sept they think "oh, at least i have some of the summer to enjoy this bike"
but nope. receive your bike, put it away for half a year, and then go celebrate halloween.

This is almost false-advertisement-level.

At the very least, if they were truly surprised by unexpected sales volume, they could and should update the website RIGHT NOW. to the real expected delivery dates.

This last phase may be the worst part of the preorder process to me -- when you've got the FedEx number and it's not yet showing up in their system. Although the delivery is technically "in progress" the lack of acknowledgement from FedEx could suggest that the box is sitting in some warehouse surrounded by 1,000 other boxes and some lonely guy with a clipboard is wandering among them doing the check-ins. Somewhere between Lectric's domain and the FedEx domain. Then reading some of the stories about damaged bikes during shipping.... Praying mine arrives in good shape. Like I said, the last phase of this waiting process is the toughest part -- at least to me. I still have a lot of faith in Lectric however. They've clearly been overwhelmed by success, and have publicly owned up to being surprised by the number of orders over the summer. I do not see a lot of CYA there, which has been refreshing to not see. What has been encouraging is the number of positive stories posted where people who have finally gotten their bikes are delighted with them. But ... c'mon FedEx, just let me know you have a record of the shipment so I can start tracking it!
The fact remains, someone is lying. A label was made, but whose label?

Just because a label is printed doesn't mean much of anything!
The label might not even been slapped on the box yet!
Not FedEx's fault nothing they can do till they get the box.
As far as damaged bikes go, its the lack of proper packing. Would you send a large TV with a little foam zip tied around it loose in a large box?
lectrics fault? Not really after all they are pretty much a drop shipper. Is the factory going to change how they package the bikes? Nope Most bikes make it in fine shape so they eat the costs of the damaged bikes, or I should say fedex eats the costs.

Printing a shipping label and assigning a tracking number does not constitute "shipping" to me. Turning the item over to a shipper is when it happens.

Just because a label is printed doesn't mean much of anything!
The label might not even been slapped on the box yet!
Not FedEx's fault nothing they can do till they get the box.
As far as damaged bikes go, its the lack of proper packing. Would you send a large TV with a little foam zip tied around it loose in a large box?
lectrics fault? Not really after all they are pretty much a drop shipper. Is the factory going to change how they package the bikes? Nope Most bikes make it in fine shape so they eat the costs of the damaged bikes, or I should say fedex eats the costs.
Of course the only ones with lawyers who know what any of the terms mean are Lectric and FedEx.

All of the wording from Lectric I have seen is "Shipping" and not "delivery".
From their website.....which obviously needs updating. It speaks of shipping AND delivery

How long is shipping?
It usually is 1-2 business days for order fulfillment from our facility. It is then another 2-5 business days for FedEx Ground to deliver your bike to you.

From their website.....which obviously needs updating. It speaks of shipping AND delivery

How long is shipping?
It usually is 1-2 business days for order fulfillment from our facility. It is then another 2-5 business days for FedEx Ground to deliver your bike to you.
In all honesty, I think they're doing the best they can.

I continue to be willing to wait, but if there is one aspect of this whole situation that is getting to me, it's that it does not appear these guys are willing to spend some of that pre-order money to hire any more help. They seem to be swamped, they seem to be trying to do everything, but it does not appear they are willing to hire additional workers to help them out. Even having a dedicated web master/communicator who can monitor the FB page and this site and other web sites where the XP is being discussed would be helpful. If as many people are pre-ordering this bike as appears to be the case, why not take on more help with the cash you have on hand?

I continue to be willing to wait, but if there is one aspect of this whole situation that is getting to me, it's that it does not appear these guys are willing to spend some of that pre-order money to hire any more help. They seem to be swamped, they seem to be trying to do everything, but it does not appear they are willing to hire additional workers to help them out. Even having a dedicated web master/communicator who can monitor the FB page and this site and other web sites where the XP is being discussed would be helpful. If as many people are pre-ordering this bike as appears to be the case, why not take on more help with the cash you have on hand?
I have heard, but can't verify, that they had hired more people.

I have heard, but can't verify, that they had hired more people.

I heard the same thing. But since they are in the process of moving (no street address on the website), where would these people be working from? All I can say is, if people ares till receiving bikes, that's progress. These guys seem to have stepped into a s**tstorm of surge and interest in ebikes. The brand new RadRunner sold out on Day 1 of its availability at $1299. People have been eating ebikes up this summer, it seems.

They
I heard the same thing. But since they are in the process of moving (no street address on the website), where would these people be working from? All I can say is, if people ares till receiving bikes, that's progress. These guys seem to have stepped into a s**tstorm of surge and interest in ebikes. The brand new RadRunner sold out on Day 1 of its availability at $1299. People have been eating ebikes up this summer, it seems.
They taste like chicken

That sounds very good I want one lol but I'm waiting for my Lectric xp. :D
I been waiting for so long that rad power came with the new rad runner hahah

Back