Where to get parts?

tallpaul

I am stepping up to a 500W battery for my FullSeven S RX and wanted to get the decals for the battery that Haibike puts across the downtime into the battery side.
Also need a bolt for the S.E.S. pulley that is made of aluminum and VERY easy to round the allen fitting.
Haibike and LBS say that Haibike only sells this as part of a full set of bolts and parts for over $200. And that the decals are next to impossible to get.
I was able to find them on a website in Italy (Ridewill.it) but the shipping was like $80 or so for $20 worth of parts that weigh next to nothing!

Overall a bit discouraging that parts are so hard to come by, or grouped together with other parts driving the cost way up. I wonder if that is the way with all bikes? For many years I have worked on my motorcycles, and now my bike, and depend on sources for parts and spares.

Anyone have any sources for parts in the US? Haibike will not sell direct to consumer and LBS not too quick to respond as they are too busy with selling and fixing bikes to supply a DIY customer.

Other then that, I do love the bike, and eBikes in general. I have turned a few friends on to them and they are equally excited about it. This market I feel is exploding with new bikes and dealers.

Man, have that EXACT same problem! 2015 Haibike Trekking RX XDuro that had a battery go bad under warranty (one of my other posts here). Replaced it but sans decal!! Now I am riding around on a "Haib" on one side and an "ike" on the other! Found exactly what I needed on Ridewill (6.50 euro sticker...59.50 to ship it?!) as well as eBay in Germany (doesn't sell to the US!). ALSO lost a bolt off my kickstand which now leaves it rattling around a bit with just one.

Discouraging, indeed. I would LOVE to find a good answer. I am trying to contact friends in Europe to take delivery and pass it along to me. Still, 15.90 to Spain and I can't find just that one bolt I need. Frustrating, indeed.

Can't find an answer, we can go in on it together and eBay off all the unneeded parts to try and recoup some cash! Either that or pull straws to see who gets to go to Italy to pick this stuff up? LOL

Found exactly what I needed on Ridewill (6.50 euro sticker...59.50 to ship it?!)

Ridewill has them on eBay UK too, for roughly $42 shipped.

ALSO lost a bolt off my kickstand which now leaves it rattling around a bit with just one.

It uses common metric bolts, at least common for a bike shop. I can't look at my Haibike right now, but I believe it is an M8 size. You can get bolts on eBay as well; I buy stainless steel metric bolts off of eBay to supply my co-op.

Ridewill has them on eBay UK too, for roughly $42 shipped.

It uses common metric bolts, at least common for a bike shop. I can't look at my Haibike right now, but I believe it is an M8 size. You can get bolts on eBay as well; I buy stainless steel metric bolts off of eBay to supply my co-op.

I just ordered two items from RideWill on eBay. The shipping was slightly less than on their website, and since these were separate items (and twice the shipping charge) I contacted them and was granted a further shipping-cost reduction.

Still, these international shipping-charges are ridiculous. Dunno if this handles import-taxes or whatever, but I could see a niche-market for someone here from Italy to offer shipping/handling services for the USA.

Incidentally, on their website, RideWill charges $63 minimum to the US, while it's "only" $35 to Canada.

I just ordered two items from RideWill on eBay. The shipping was slightly less than on their website, and since these were separate items (and twice the shipping charge) I contacted them and was granted a further shipping-cost reduction.

Still, these international shipping-charges are ridiculous. Dunno if this handles import-taxes or whatever, but I could see a niche-market for someone here from Italy to offer shipping/handling services for the USA.

Incidentally, on their website, RideWill charges $63 minimum to the US, while it's "only" $35 to Canada.

And that's why the import export business is extremely lucrative.. I'm a little surprised there isn't some Haibike eBike dealer in the US who doesn't stock piece parts...

@JoePah, the dealers have the same problem getting those individual parts in their shops; although I can imagine that they would like to be able to do so.

As for the battery stickers, Haibike may be worried that someone would fraudulently relabel a non-Haibike battery as Haibike. There could be some liability issues there for the company. I can appreciate how annoying it is to not be able to clean up your battery with fresh stickers though.

@JoePahHaibike may be worried that someone would fraudulently relabel a non-Haibike battery as Haibike. There could be some liability issues there for the company.

Aren't the third-party aftermarket Yamaha and Bosch compatible batteries visually different than the OEM units?

Im guessing a local sign shop with a good graphic artist could duplicate the decals. But with scanning and design time, I doubt if it would be cheaper.

Im guessing a local sign shop with a good graphic artist could duplicate the decals. But with scanning and design time, I doubt if it would be cheaper.
Someone WITH the stickers would have a relatively easy job of it. Provided you have weather-proof sticky paper...and aren't sued for copyright infringement or such. Eh, yup. Sounds much more expensive! I am also curious to see what Amazon uses to send 38 Euro decal. Fingers crossed it is gold foil.

As for the kickstand bolt? I pulled the remaining one and measured an M5 cap head x 25mm. Pack of 10 cost $6USD. Stainless steel. Newegg.com

Thanks for the post. Great description and the photos. Much appreciated.
Good to know that the decals would survive all but a nuclear blast when shipped. Still, for that shipping price, I would expect a free toaster! :)

It helps place the decal face down on a clean surface and rub the backing paper beforehand with soft plastic blade (a credit card works) so that the decal sticks to the transfer sheet and not the paper.

I have a friend who is going to Germany at the end of this month and has kindly agreed to carry two sets back for me. Ordered from: https://www.elektrofahrrad24.de where you could choose "envelope." Total = 22,50 euros. I'll post back when they arrive. 2015 model Haibike so fingers crossed that the decals are ok.

Still waiting on the m5 kickstand bolt! Newegg.com sent THAT DHL...uuf.

It's interesting to note that on the newly launched Haibike USA site, under Technical Support they write:

Q: Can I still get the original decals for my Haibike?
A: We’d like to be able to provide this kind of support, but decals become brittle and unusable after a relatively short time in storage so we are unable to provide them to you.

Hun
It's interesting to note that on the newly launched Haibike USA site, under Technical Support they write:

Q: Can I still get the original decals for my Haibike?
A: We’d like to be able to provide this kind of support, but decals become brittle and unusable after a relatively short time in storage so we are unable to provide them to you.
Huh. Interesting. Well, a friend is bringing two back to the US from Germany next week. I am now curious to see the state of the decals that I had shipped to him there. I'll be sure to post back.

Hun

Huh. Interesting. Well, a friend is bringing two back to the US from Germany next week. I am now curious to see the state of the decals that I had shipped to him there. I'll be sure to post back.

Guidz, I was interested in knowing how your decals are from Germany brought back by your friend. Curious if you had the same outcome as JayVee has posted.

Last edited:
Recently purchased a backup battery and had a set of Haibike decals and was able to successfully adhere them to the battery. JayVee was right on the money as to his advice two messages up.
Not great business sense making obtaining these decals so difficult for US Haibike riders. It is a cool design going off angle onto the battery but we'll all end up with a new battery eventually and without the decals make the frame Haibike logo poor design when it dead ends at the battery.

Guidz, I was interesting in knowing how your decals are from Germany brought back by your friend. Curious if you had the same outcome as JayVee has posted.
Yes, EXACT same outcome. JayVee had the perfect advice as I also had my sticker adhere to the backing. DID get them applied (erps...BIT off on the color but, ah well..white vs light grey) but not bad at all and no new adhesive needed. MUCH better than the black battery that was warranty replaced. Had my friend bring two so I am set should I have to replace it again.

Now, if only I could find that pesky squeak! Just about to roll 2000 miles on mine and it SEEMS to be coming from the bottom bracket on my 2015 Haibike Xduro Trekking...

Haibike2.jpgHaibike1.jpg

Back